Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently bought a 02 dakota and i was wondering if the trans go shift kit was worth buying. i dont know much about this kit so any info would be helpful.

·
Your hero
561 Posts
It basically re-routes the trans fluid in the valve body and gives you firmer shifts. You have to remove, open, and modify your valve body so that drives alot of people away.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I put the TransGo in my 3.9L Dakota. It was definitely worth it to me. Instead of a sluggish shift, it pretty much slams it into gear. Also, since the shifts are shorter, there is less friction build-up in the tranny, making it better for your tranny too.

Just a thought...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that extra info...im gonna buy the kit next week when i get paid...hopefully it'll give me the performance out of my transmission that i want

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
02SilverRT said:
thanks for that extra info...im gonna buy the kit next week when i get paid...hopefully it'll give me the performance out of my transmission that i want
You'll get the performance you want. I have the Transgo in my 03 R/T. Shifts are very firm, and no more 2 second intervals when you stab it to downshift, IMO, it's worth the p.i.t.a. install. :banana2:

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
02SilverRT said:
how long was the install for you?
Took me about 6hrs. But it was the first time I had torn into a tranny, so it might not take others that know what they're doing quite as long.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I have never had one in a Dak, but i have in other cars and they are kick ass for sure. if you do not know what you are doing have a good shop do it for you.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Another oprion is to get a performance valve body with the shif components already installed. You can get a Martin Saine valve body through Fastman. I have one. http://www.thefastman.com/ They are excelent products.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
tell me more about this martin saine valve body like how much and how long of an install,please. ***nominate me for june TOM ***

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
02SilverRT said:
There are several kits available. Which one are you buying, where and how much?

APS has complete valve bodies for around $500, which seems to be about $200 more than the kit. Does that sound about right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts