Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 4X4 with 3.9 auto and 160,000 miles. Transmission is shifting from 1st into 3rd skipping 2nd entirely. If I shift it manually 2nd gear works but the trans will freewheel for a second or two before engaging 3rd gear when doing this.

Anyone here run across this problem before? I had the truck in for a factory recall last fall that involved dropping the trans pan to replace a valve(?) that had something to do with the truck possibly not engaging park properly, a fresh filter and fluid was taken care of at that time.

I'm hoping it's something relatively simple, I have no desire to yank the trans on this truck as I have plans to get a newer model...just not this soon. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed. The kickdown cable came off the trans lever. Rust on the ball stud caused it to bind and eventually pop off. A few minutes with some emery cloth and then a dab of grease and it's good to go. :biggthump

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
fan dam tastic man. i was going to say, you may want to double check that linkage. way to go dude. :biggthump :banana2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.