Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 R/T and my tranny makes a wierd tapping sound when i nail it. This is not all the time but once it warms up it does it...performance isnt really sacreficed but i just wanted to know what it may be...it has been happening for awhile and has gone from occasionally to being able to notice it to hearing it all the time...while the performance slowly decreases. If you can help me out with this and let me know if anyone else has this prob.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I just had a similar tapping noise fixed. When I diagnosed it I heard a clicking noise from the right hand cylinder head, so I figured it was a bad valve. Turns out it was a failing exhaust manifold gasket. Had a new set of headers installed lately?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no mods to my truck except 3 inch cat back. Yet the problem started before i had that installed. You can feel it sometimes as you drive...i have a hook up with a tranny guy but i cant seem to get ahold of him. i said screw it i might as well have it fixed and then throw a mopar converter in there with a shift kit...what the hell if i am going to have it fixed why not

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
what kind of tapping sound is it? consistent tapping when you are on the throttle or is it a single tap when you hit the throttle?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a constant tapping noise when i get on the gas or accelerate, when im cruising its just fine. Mostly when there is stress on the tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts