Dakota Durango Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
That's why I say don't buy shit there ;) You're ruining local places by supporting Wal-Mart
Sorry, I'll call BS on this one. If you know anything about economics, you know that nothing good happens without competition. Many communities here in Montana want to keep out "big box stores" like Wal Mart, and because of this, those towns will never grow.

Example: When a Wal Mart comes to town, more people come to town to shop at Wal Mart. That means there are more people who need to eat lunch while in that town, more people that need to buy gas while in that town, etc. Hence, the restaurants are helped, the gas stations are helped, and anyplace else where the people have to stop. This also means that more people need to be hired to work at the restaurants and gas stations. This means larger population, which leads to more people that need to eat at restaurants and shop at other local places. Hence the economy as a whole of a local area is greatly helped out by Wal Mart coming to town.

Do I have a degree in Economics...well....kinda. I have a degree to teach economics...lol.

Anyway, I bought my ATF at Wal Mart recently, and loved every dime I saved. I didn't know they had the oil filters, but I need one this week, so I'll have my brother pick one up for me (I'm 90 miles away from a Wal Mart).

BTW, the one problem I do have with Wal Mart is the importation of cheap foreign goods. But that's a much different subject than putting local businesses out of business. That deals with our government's willingness to run a trade imbalance of BILLION$ and to lower tariffs. This puts American's out of work in the long run. Recently it has been called "outsourcing". But when I worked for a campaign in 2000, we fought tooth and nail on that issue and nobody wanted to talk about it because both Republicrat candidates loved outsourcing our jobs to Mexico. This also plays into the issue of immigration, as hundreds of thousands of Mexicans have come north from Mexico City to work in the factories that moved just across the border after NAFTA. When those jobs filled up, what was left to do after packing up the family and moving, but to go even further north and keep looking for a job. We know the rest.

Damn. I hijacked the shit out of this thread. :sorry: Just in the mood for a little political rant.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Why doesn't Walmart carry Amsoil? Because they want to dictate prices! AMSOIL FORUM

Damn. I hijacked the shit out of this thread. :sorry: Just in the mood for a little political rant.
I am also guilty of the same offense. :sorry: I "hijacked" this thread to add my comments in regards to Walmart and how they try to "dictate" terms.

·
Resleeves rnaz's borings
9,536 Posts
I wouldnt go broke paying $7 for a few quarts of ATF4 if I needed too. But the fact of the matter is that walmart had some in stock, when I needed it on a Sunday. No autoparts stores stock it and that is their specialty!!

I wouldnt mind Walmart putting Advance or AutoZone out of business. Its one thing to sell impulse items like candy, sodas, etc to increase sales & profit margins... but chinese made toys and outdated 50s hot rod parts.... its just pathetic. I swear I cant ever find anything in Autozone without having to ask the hourly... and have them want to look shit up in a computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since NAPA Stores, Canadian Tire, Dodge Dealerships and some other Automotive Speciality Stores are independently owned, you will see Amsoil at some of these stores. The point I want to make is is that they purchase Amsoil at the same price I do as an Amsoil Dealer . I worked at Walmart for about 2 years.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts