Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a used Durango. I've looked at several with factory tow packages and none have a transmission cooler. Was there one available as an option? I can't imagine towing without one. i was leery of the first Durango I looked at because it appeared they towed a camper, but with no tranny cooler.

Bowfin

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I was under the impression that it came with the tow packages and the R/T's. you can pick one up for $30, but I understand your concern

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the R/t's came with a tranny cooler. and a cooler is almost always part of a tow package (but remember we do drive dodge).

·
Registered
61 Posts
What would a tranny cooler look like? I'm not sure if mine has the towing package or not?

I found a "Master Sheet" in the leather case that holds my manual. It's a print out from December 97 (I have a 98 Durango) that lists all the parts ordered to build the vehicle. Part #094 is "Trans-Oil-Cooler."

Would that be the tranny cooler?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
PilotC150 said:
What would a tranny cooler look like? I'm not sure if mine has the towing package or not?

I found a "Master Sheet" in the leather case that holds my manual. It's a print out from December 97 (I have a 98 Durango) that lists all the parts ordered to build the vehicle. Part #094 is "Trans-Oil-Cooler."

Yes that would be a trans cooler.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
PilotC150 said:

yaop, that is it. the trans cooler is part(bottom, normal config) of the radiator and possibly external in front of it in tha area of the A/C evaporator.

if the `Rango has a tow package or Heavy Duty Service group, it has a tranny cooler.

though no auto trans vehicle comes without a tranny cooler, tha trans would not operate long, if at all, without one.

·
2000 6.7 R/T
371 Posts
The tranny cooler is the length of the radiator but only about 7" tall. It would be at the bottom of the radiator right behind the front bumper. Did you look there? Also not all R/T's can with the tow package. Dustin aka (wickedR/T) on here has a 02 R/T with no towing package :biggthump

·
Registered
96 Posts
2003 Durango ...

Mine came with the tranny cooler. I have the tow package and thought that this is standard with the package. :drive:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts