Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help on getting traction on my 99 cc dak!!! i have been racin a few times here lately like i race a mustang and he beat me(i know.. i got beat by a mustang!!! errr) because when i went to take off and just spunn..... it wouldnt hook up at all? does anyone have any tips on hookin up?? i am runnin the stock eagle RSA's 255/55 i know that is a prob..but if you have any suggestions... pleasE!!!!! thank you very much

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I don't know how good the eagles are but my Kuhmo STX are great!! I had the same problem you have when I had my Kuhmo 712's on. Now I just have them up front.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
What kind of mustang was it? Were you at the track? And how long of a burnout did you do? If you sat there and just went to roasting those RSA's you will never get traction b/c a good amount of street tires get slippery when you do a long burnout. I'd suggest just spinning them over till you see a little bit of smoke then let off the brake and stage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks a lot guys ... you have helped me out a lot .... i will let you know when i spank him and i will thank you agian... it was a gt and i wasnt on the track ...... i should be but....> street racin is bad~!! lol thanks again

D

·
0 Posts
I don't know much about racing, but had the same problem whenever the streets are a little wet. Seem to have more engine than I do truck. Since it was winter and needed more traction, I wrapped two bags of play sand in plastic, and set it over the axles in the bed. Seemed to help quite a bit. It comes in handy if you get stuck on ice or snow because you have something to throw under the wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts