Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i know rag away, but i let my buddy convince me to plug his jet chip for his 6cyl jeep cherokee into the port on the computer of my 2000 R/T. bad idea i know! now the TPS and MAP sensors are throwing a code. The stealership is saying that i need to have the parameters reset on my computer for 75 bucks and maybe that will work. if id doesnt work, im out 75 bucks and i still have to replace the sensors. any suggestions?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, tried that many times. im stumped. wish i knew someone close by with an R/T to swap sensors with

· Registered
497 Posts
Did you try the old disconnect the battery turn on your key trick? Should reset the pcm. If not, invest in a superchips tuner :mullet: .

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Black R/T said:
yea, tried that many times. im stumped. wish i knew someone close by with an R/T to swap sensors with
The TPS is only around $33 and can be picked up at Autozone etc.

· Registered
149 Posts
Doh!

That sucks man.. My advice would be unhook negative from battery, turn key to on for like 10 seconds or so. Turn key off, hook negative back up. Try that? If not, I'd say get a map and tps sensor. New I think a map is $90 or so TPS is close to $40, installed them, and reset the pcm how stated about. Start it see if you are cured. Crazy that wrong Jet Chip would do that, and if you are getting a chip get a superchips tuner steer away from Jet I never liked nor noticed any performance difference with them.. Best of luck, A.J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.