Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a set of 22" wheels on a Hummer today with some SICK looking tires on it. I looked, and they are Toyo MT's.

They run about $500 EACH in a 20" size. Goddamn that's a lot of cash for tires!

QUESTION: Is there another aggressive looking offroad-type tire, with a more reasonable price?

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Yup, all of them. Just look for them in a 15, 16, or 17" rim size. The bigger the rim the tire takes, the more you pay. Just like for the rims...

You're just looking in the wrong spot. You want big rims with nice tires? Fork over the cash.

Go with a 15, 16, or even 17's and watch the prices drop. Would you have guessed I got my American Racing rims and BFG tires for under $700?

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,766 Posts
BlackDak said:
I figured so. Damn. Those tires are swet, but I am trying to stick around $1500 for whees and tires.
Not gonna happen for $1500...sorry

Mine are 33x12.50R18 mounted on 18x9.5 Helo Spec rims. I paid $3200.00 for everything (including mounting & balancing) - not to mention I was getting a decent (not great) deal. Mind you, this was over a year ago...

Your best bet for $1500, stick w/stock rims and BFG's or Mickey's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.