Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about installing a tow hook on the front and rear of my 2000 dakota. anyone else do this? Where'd you buy the hook? How much did it cost ya? How hard was it to install?

Not looking for anything fancy, just a quick place to hook my tow strap to when my buddy get's stuck.

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
If you want to pull from the rear, get a hitch. There's no other way you should do it. If you already have one, then get a shackle for it, here's a pic of one I have:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/YellowKota2k/Silver Lake 7-24-04/DSC02706.jpg

The front on the other hand is different. You can get a custom drop plate made, and mount tow hooks on if you've got a square hole in the airdam for it. There's a good way to mount them without a bracket or anything, but it requires a bodylift. If you want to, you can also put a hitch on the front of your truck which works out well if you'd use it a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.