Dakota Durango Forum banner

torsion bar keyways

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Neil 
#1 ·
Im looking at doing a 3" lift on my 01 durango 4x4. Does anyone know what kind of travel my stock shocks have? Also im looing at doing the torsion bar keyway but the biggest one I can find is a 3" and doing shackles on the back but the bigest one i can find on that is 2" does anyone know if i can find a way to get either a 4" keyway or a bigger shackle.

#3 ·
the only problem is that with the torsion bar front end i dont know how to lift the front. i was going to use shackles in the back. I really need to know if this is a good way to go. I personally dont want to spend 2000 dollars doing it right now with shocks and stuff. Thats why im only going 2-3". Please help

#4 ·
G
#5 ·
dodgegrl said:
Im looking at doing a 3" lift on my 01 durango 4x4. Does anyone know what kind of travel my stock shocks have? Also im looing at doing the torsion bar keyway but the biggest one I can find is a 3" and doing shackles on the back but the bigest one i can find on that is 2" does anyone know if i can find a way to get either a 4" keyway or a bigger shackle.
The torsion bar lift doesn't require new shocks but a full 3" lift will. Rancho has a good system for the Durango with new shocks. A buddy just had his done and it looks really well engineered and very sturdy. He spent some major greenbacks on the kit and for a shop to install it.

Attachments

#9 ·
I can't say for sure that the shock will not reach the limits of travel but there are A LOT over people who have doen the T/S lift, been riding around for years and doing off road but I do not believe they have changed to longer shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.