Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Tornado Air device that has been on the ESPN car shows of late. Does it work or is it a gimmick?

GearHead

· Premium Member
860 Posts
GearHead said:
Does anyone have experience with the Tornado Air device that has been on the ESPN car shows of late. Does it work or is it a gimmick?

GearHead
I think it's almost psychological. I haven't heard of anyone getting ANY gains out of them. But then again, they do make some sense. If your poor, don't get one. If your money falls off the trees in the backyard... go for it. I mean it's not going to HURT you in anyway other than your checkbook if it doesn't help for performance.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to give my own .02 worth, I don't see how it work. If you look at a diagram of the air flow in the engine, its quite a lengthy path that the air must travel and by the time it gets to where it needs to go, all the vortex created by the tornado has disapated to almost nothing. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

· Super Modder
981 Posts
the way i see it...yea it makes the air swirl(tornado effect) thats good. but what happens when it hits the butterflys of the tb...it has to split. one tornado wont split into two tornados that graciously, causing turbulance...but lets say that it does split nice and neat...it goes into the intake manifold and the air sits there until a valve opens and lets air in...does the tornado start back up again? probably not...
so how does it improve gas milage...the less air that goes into the engine, the less fuel your engine needs...thus gas lasts longer

· Registered
462 Posts
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=489&stc=1

Injected engines love lots of cold dense air, the more the better. Installing a cold air intake that picks up the air from the front of the truck outside of the engine compartment is the best. (Except when it’s raining)

I ran mine to a pick up in the front grill and it works great. The faster I go the more air it brings into the T/B. Air inserts in my opinion does nothing other then restrict the air intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.