Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased the street scenes generation II bumper cover,took it to the local body shop here in King George,VA. They told me $400 bucks for sanding, prep, and paint he also said that would cover installation too. Is this to much I mean I paid $320 shipped for the bumper cover. Funny that it cost more to paint then the actual part

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that seems awful high. I was quoted $120 to do mine - paint prep and sanding. I do the install. I had the whole drivers side of my bed sanded preped primered sprayed and clearcoated for $280. I know that took a hell of a lot more work than a bumper cover. Get a second quote from somebody else but don't tell them how much the other said.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quoted at 3 grand to do my whole truck (color change) I think 400 for jsut the front is kinda rediculous. i would definantly get a second opinion.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice i'll check come other places. What is a resonable amount? $250-$350?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't pay more than $150 - 200 for it. Maybe its cuz I'm spoiled. Paint and body work seems fairly cheap around here. When I get my roll pan ordered I'm going to get that and the front cover painted for $200 total. Hard Tonneau painted for $240. Cowl induction hood painted for another $240. All these prices are for prep paint and clear coat. I install everything myself. That might be where they are trying to rape you at. Most mechanics here get anywhere from $60 - $80 an hour.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea best bet would be try a different shop. Paint shops are weird prices can vary greatly, but the quality of the work also can vary a greatly. Just do some lookin around and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
SSRage said:
I wouldn't pay more than $150 - 200 for it. I install everything myself. That might be where they are trying to rape you at. Most mechanics here get anywhere from $60 - $80 an hour.

I agree. I wouldn't pay no more than that. Also ask to see how much it would cost w/out them installing it. Should be a huge difference at that price!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Maaco

Beleive it or not its pretty hard to screw up a bumper cover just go to Maaco and get bas coat/clear coat for about 100.00 :toast: Kevin

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys. You just saved me from getting screwed bigtime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts