Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone in thinkin' maybe there's too many forums? Like some questions could be appropriate for about 3 different forums, which makes it confusing. Maybe if we consolidated down to a few less forums?

Just a thought,

Ryan

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
DaPurpleRT said:
Am I alone in thinkin' maybe there's too many forums? Like some questions could be appropriate for about 3 different forums, which makes it confusing. Maybe if we consolidated down to a few less forums?

Just a thought,

Ryan
A number of people suggested trimming the forums awhile back, but when I consolidated them the post counts went down by a significant margin - now that I've re-expanded them the logins/posting is back up.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
DaPurpleRT said:

Just a thought,

Ryan
I understand exactly what you're talking about. At first I liked using the delphi site, because it was a little smaller, and not as many forums.

BUT!!!

I have found that both here and www.dakotausa.com are MUCH better of a layout. And the reason I say that is... you can do a search for new posts, and that completely gets rid of all those useless forums. You see who has posted what sense you loged in last. The list of messages is great because there's a forums section name to the right that shows which forum it came from.

It's a thought. Try it out, and see if you like it.

Paul

A

·
0 Posts
I agree - I've taken to using only the "new posts" button, because it just isn't worth going to all the seperate forums to see what people are saying.

My favorite car sites only have a handful of forums - typically less than 6 for any given model. It seems like the ones here could be trimmed back dramatically, which would make the site easier to use for everybody....

(the de facto 300ZX site only has *3* forums, even though they get hundreds of new posts a day... and jeepsunlimited.com is another one I frequent, and again they only have 2-3 forums per model and they get probably get a thousand posts a day.

The only thing I would say is please DON'T seperate the big categories into dakota/durango specific. It's great that I can own a Durango (which has less of a modification following) and easily get to info from Dakota owners.

·
Old Timer
1,270 Posts
AdamLotz said:
I agree - I've taken to using only the "new posts" button, because it just isn't worth going to all the seperate forums to see what people are saying.
I use the "new posts" button about 90% of the time myself. But I relly enjoy the smiles :moon:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts