Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase new tires for my Dakota RT and was wondering what type of tires some of you are using. My RT came with the Goodyear’s but I’m not very pleased with the way they wore or their traction.

·
mike98rt
96 Posts
tires

i just got bridgestone dueler h/p tires and i think they work pretty good so far. a little on the upside cost wise but i think they work good. look pretty cool to.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
when I got my R/T it had Kuhmo 711's on it and traction was horrible so I went and got the Kuhmo STX. I must say these are the best tires i have had on any of my vehicles :mullet:

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,265 Posts
Are you talking about the street or on the track. I have Nitto 450 extreme for the street. They handle great in the rain but kinda suck for jumping on it from a stop. For the track I have M/T ET Streets, have never had a problem not hooking up. I wouldn't drive on the street with them unless I had to because on the soft sidewalls.

R

·
0 Posts
I HAD A SET OF KUMHO 711s ON MY R/T WHEN I WAS RUNNING THE STOCK R/T WHEELS. I WAS HAPPY WITH THEM. THEY WERE PRICED VERY REASONABLY ON TIRERACK.COM. NOW I HAVE 17x8 AND 17x11 WHEELS WITH BFG G-FORCE KDW 255/45 AND G-FORCE KD 315/35 TIRES. THESE TIRES HAVE ALOT OF TRACTION BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL BUY THEM AGAIN WHEN THESE WEAR OUT. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AS HELL. THESE JUST HAPPEN TO COME WITH THE WHEELS. I THINK I AM GOING TO GO BACK TO KUMHOS. I HAVE HAD THEM ON MY TRUCK AND MY MUSTANG AND HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT HAPPY WITH THE PRICE AND PERFORMANCE.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you wanna go a little smaller i'm thinkin bout runnin those hankook ventus rh06's. They make a 255 50 17. I've seen alot of good reviews on them and i thought i would give them a try. Guess we'll see how good they grip cause i'll be throwin a juiced 408 stroker at them. :woowoo:

S

·
0 Posts
I love my Nitto NT 450 Extreme's! Check out my thread that I posted earlier with pics and sizes and all that. They are also wider than pretty much all the other tires out there. They are 275/ 50R 17's. Same overall height but one inch wider than stock.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I put some Nitto proxes tires on my wifes SUV. so far theire great
Rob

·
Registered
651 Posts
I put the Yokohama Geolandar Tires on my truck @ 6 months ago. Excellent grip and ride for the price. Tirerack.com Gave them a really high rating. Also, when you buy your tires, first get a print-out of the tires you want from TireRack, or wherever online. Take that into the store.

Most places will price match, they just never advertise it! Saved me like $100!

O

·
0 Posts
moparsz said:
Are you talking about the street or on the track. I have Nitto 450 extreme for the street. They handle great in the rain but kinda suck for jumping on it from a stop. For the track I have M/T ET Streets, have never had a problem not hooking up. I wouldn't drive on the street with them unless I had to because on the soft sidewalls.
i agree .. when i raced my friends mustang from a stop i didn't get traction till 40mph ... thats pretty much been my only race from a dig.. needless to say i lost when he hit second, from a roll we were even though till 115 then that lovely fuel cut out hit ! grr

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
I hear that the Bridhestone Fusions work really good at hookin up and thier at a really good price, ivc never had them but i kno a couple ppl who have them on thier mustang and love them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Check these out!

Yea, I acutally just got done burning the rest of the goodyear tires that came stock on my truck. Full tread once roted on the back. about a good quearter - half inch tread left. Sat in one sport for 3 Minutes. No more tread, and one extremly long burn out mark. I engraved the payment about 3 feet long. Front tires slide with the brakes on. But I have purchased the Federal SS-595's. Just got them upt on 2 days ago, same day i put them on it rained. For tires that haven't been brocken in, they were awsome. Today, drive, tires get a lot a lot of traction, Spin a little off the line, but not bad. I bought the 255/55/17's. If anyone is interested in burn out pics, email me at [email protected]. I can send you them and you can post them for me.
P.S. Check out onlinetires.com
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
kumhos all the way tirerack.com to git them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts