Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires are you guys running on your R/Ts with the stock 17 inch rims? It is about time for some new shoes on mine, but am having trouble finding many options in the 255/55R17 range. Thanks

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
Federal SS595

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Are you lowered or stock height?? If lowered, look into the 255/50/17 size. If stock height, then check www.onlinetires.com The SS595s are really popular in the stock size, or you can look into a 275/55/17 or a 255/60/17 to expand your options as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you lowered or stock height?? If lowered, look into the 255/50/17 size. If stock height, then check www.onlinetires.com The SS595s are really popular in the stock size, or you can look into a 275/55/17 or a 255/60/17 to expand your options as well.
Ya I have seen the Federal SS595s, but dont really know much about Federal. I am currently running 275/55/17, but just checking out the options. I am stock height, but might lower at some point. Ill look into 255/60/17, but with the truck at stock height the gaps in the wheel wells may look even worse.

Those of you who run the SS595s, what do you think of them? How do they do in wet weather?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Ya I have seen the Federal SS595s, but dont really know much about Federal. I am currently running 275/55/17, but just checking out the options. I am stock height, but might lower at some point. Ill look into 255/60/17, but with the truck at stock height the gaps in the wheel wells may look even worse.

Those of you who run the SS595s, what do you think of them? How do they do in wet weather?

Thanks
A 255/60/17 is the same height as the 275/55s you have now.

·
Registered
843 Posts
285/40 Kuhmos in back, 275/40 yokohamas in front.

the kuhmos are nice, and really quiet...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Running 255/50/17 Riken Raptors and love them. Good Dry and Wet handling. Snow is horrible..might as well be running drag slicks. But you shouldnt have an issue with that.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
im running nitto nt450's 275-50's and i like them a lot im looking to buy a new set of tires soon myself, lookin at falkens in the same size,

as for the nittos ive gotten over 30 thousand miles outta them and the handle great in the rain and dry, never had them in snow, i paid around 700 or better for mine out the door

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
im running nitto nt450's 275-50's and i like them a lot im looking to buy a new set of tires soon myself, lookin at falkens in the same size,

as for the nittos ive gotten over 30 thousand miles outta them and the handle great in the rain and dry, never had them in snow, i paid around 700 or better for mine out the door
You a of the few people I have ever heard that liked the Nittos for more than just the looks. Most people who have them complain about traction, especially wet traction. If all you care about is treadlife, you will love the Falkens. 420 treadwear means hard as rocks, but also means even worse traction. I had them for a while and never looked back once I wore them out.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hskrRT, yea i do like them, BUT, these are the only tires that i have put on the truck b/c ive only owned it for goin on 3 years, so yea, the wet traction to me didnt seem bad, no matter the weather minus snow and ice (ga) has always felt planted,

·
My Steed
348 Posts
i know these past few years, you've been hard pressed to find snow in GA anywhere except in the Appalachians, and damn near everything closes when there's a report of flurries down here anyways so i don't think we need to worry to terribly much about snow and ice performance.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yea its retarted people freak out bout snow, plus im not drivin the r/t around if its that bad, ill just stay at the house lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts