Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Does anyone know what the maximum tire size is for a 98 2wd dakota? I'm pretty sure that i can fit 32's on it but i'm not completely sure. (no modifications)

Anyone have any suggestions on a good cool air intake. I'm looking for something that can give me a good 15 hp and possibly give me a decent gas mileage gain. I think its between AirRaid and Volant but i'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The 360 Air Intakez is a good set up and costs less then most of the others. I’m not sure if you’re going to see a gain of 15 HP with any of the systems. Better mileage will depend on a lot of other factors but you should see some gain. The larger tires that you are looking at will negate any gain in mileage that you will see with the new intake.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yeah I was looking at one of the 360 Air Intakez and it looks like a good deal. I'm more concerned about gas mileage with the summer coming and gas prices estimated at 2.30 for 87 octane. I understand what your saying about the tires but they're only 2 inches bigger that the tires I have right now. Do you know if a 16" radius tire will fit my truck without rubbing though?

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts