Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, heres the deal: I have the factory optional Goodyear Eagle LS 255/65r15(28") tires on 8" wheels. This tire size no longer seems to be made by anyone, not even Goodyear. I found 255/60r15s(27") and 255/70r15s(29") are much easier to find. So my questions are:

1. Can these tire sizes be used to replace the original ones?

2. What changes would I see in fuel economy and performace by putting on tires 1" taller or shorter than the stock tires?

·
HATES ALL THINGS CHROME!!
90 Posts
1 inch shorter tire will accelerate slightly faster like having lower gears, and cause your speedometer to read slightly higher that the speed you are actually going. Technically the higher rpms to go the same speed will lower your mpg, but you will probably never notice! To correct the higher speedo reading, you could have a dealer re-program your computer, but the difference is going to be so minumal it probably wont be worth it! 1 inch taller tire will do the oposite, accelerate slower, and your speedo will read low!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.