Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basiclly a stock 01 4X4 SLT+ Dingo. I'm needing a set of Tires. I do 90% of my driving on the highway. I'm looking for something that will give me good service and a quiet ride. I was looking at the Bridgestone Dueler AT . Does anybody have any knowledge on these or any reccomendations on any others? Also should I stay with the stock 265/70/16 or consider changing sizes? If so to what?
Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
82 Posts
Cooper discoverer....click here If you live in areas that recieve snow or take your truck off road that ATR is hard to beat. Awesome traction in any situation with minimal road noise and the ride is excellent.

For a less aggressive option and another 10,000 miles treadlife expectancy click here.

Click on the SUV icon for the P metric sizes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will be the one I'll get then. The guys at the tire shops all say that this tire is better..blah...blah..blah. Of course the all say this about the brand they carry. It's good to get an honest opinion on something. My only other debate is to stick to stock 265/70/16 or go to a 265/75/16.
Thanks
Mike

· Registered
2,372 Posts
My work truck goes to Wally world and it gets the liberator ATs. I get about 60 000-70 000 miles out of them. the complete cost is abotu 280$ for 235 75 15. yeah at first I was skeptical thinking wal mart tires HHMMMM but they work great.
the other tires I use on my personal truck were BFG ( GMC) Toyo proxes ( wifes sorento) and Good year MTRs for the dakota.
if you want a quiet ride stick to a street treaded tire. youll get good gas mileage, most liekly wear out at whatever they were rated at or close to. I wouldnt go taller cause it will kill the gas mileage you have. If you dont go off road and dont need a all terrain or mud terrain stick to the stock size and comparable tread.
My truck has 33s muds ( handles ok) my wife has toyo but I jsut got her 20s and she drives a little to work but the tires handle great and are quiet.
the GMC Jimmy has BFG ( from walmart BTW they had the best price around) and they are jsut stock size.

· Registered
266 Posts
well for your driving you should go with a michelin. The money is high but you won't get a better ride out of any tires period. you'll have @650.00 in a set that size 265/70/16 but you'll get @70000 miles easy if you take care of them. If ride quality is a concern stay away from changing sizes, dodge went with that because it's a size you can get "truck treads" in but you are on a P rated 4 ply tire for ride concerns. Most anything else that will fit your truck will be load c or higher 6+ plys LT rated and will ride like shit. :biggthump

· Registered
2,372 Posts
chester_peabody said:
well for your driving you should go with a michelin. The money is high but you won't get a better ride out of any tires period. you'll have @650.00 in a set that size 265/70/16 but you'll get @70000 miles easy if you take care of them. If ride quality is a concern stay away from changing sizes, dodge went with that because it's a size you can get "truck treads" in but you are on a P rated 4 ply tire for ride concerns. Most anything else that will fit your truck will be load c or higher 6+ plys LT rated and will ride like shit. :biggthump

I agree Michelins are great tires but there are tires out there jsut as good for less $$.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.