Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find "low-profile" tires so I can lower my truck on 20"s without rubbing last year I bought a 2/3 lowering kit and the front rubbed and it wasnt fun having to put the stock shit back on I cant run out to my truck to see what size tires I have cause its 2 am and im on crutches but I need yalls help again...

is 285/40-r20 low enough or do I need something smaller?

My concern is having a low pro tire that can handle the heavy weight on my 1997 v8 cc dakota

any help is appreciated and if anyone says search bar I have been for about an hour now and im pissed and need the forums help

im sure rebel will be one of the first to comment lol hes a pretty helpfull guy

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I hate big rims lol. That size is close to stock besides tire width. It really depends what height tire, rim width, and drop before tire size is a choice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate big rims lol. That size is close to stock besides tire width. It really depends what height tire, rim width, and drop before tire size is a choice.
I knew you would be first to reply lol what do you mean by drop before tire size is a choice???

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
How much are you lowering it? Then rim specs, rim width and possible back spacing/offset.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rim is 20x9 and I want to lower it 2/4 I dont know the offset because it looks like they got discontinued my wheels are mb senna's I cant find em on the site I bought em discounttiredirect.com

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
These?

275/40/20 would look good or even a 265. That is if they make that size or close to it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

those are my rims and im thinking of doing 255/35-r20

they are like 27 inches tall

that should be good for my plans on lowering correct?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I ran 26"s and they where to small, you are cutting it close with 27", 28" maybe perfect? That would be 255/40/20

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
All up to you?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well rebel thanks for listening and shooting the shit it seems this forum this late at night is more of a "aim" type deal cause its just us talking (I mean that in a non-wierd, non-homosexual, non-cerial killer way) lol

just sucks wish someone would trade me r/t rims and tires for my 20"s

oh well thanks again rebel

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Give it some time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts