Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Brand and size is everyone running? I need new rubber and need some opinions. I'm currently running on Cooper Discoverer M+S P275/60/17R
I want something smaller so I can get some acceleration and get an accurate mph reading. Also how much higher will my rpm's run with smaller tires? Thanks for any help and opinions!
-Cody-

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
Well that totally depends on how much smaller you go.. I'm running 275/40/17 and at like 80-90 im not too high of rmps but im sure you don't want to go that small ... how much smaller you looking at going..?? 275/50 or 55 i would say to get just a bit smaller so that you don't get much higher rpms than what you have now .. but it just really depends on what you want man..

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
Go here 1010tires .
This place helped me out when I went from 215/75/15 to 255/55/18.
It calculates everything for ya.
:mullet:

·
Registered
51 Posts
there 17's :wave:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you for responding and giving me so much information everybody!
I think I'm gonna go with p235/60 R17 or p255/60 r17 not sure yet. Anyone suggest a specific brand or size?

opps...

sorry, I was misimformed about how to read tire sizes and I was all a55 backwards about it. Anyways I want to keep the width of my tire which is p275? And I want the circumference smaller. ( the second number ) ?
So would the second number go higher or lower. Because Stock cause is P215/75/ 15R Thanks again

-Cody-

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank your for straightin me out on that :biggthump
Anyone got a good on/off road tire they like?

·
Registered
51 Posts
bump :wave: :woot:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What size sidewall percentage "second number" would i need on my 17's to be the same as stock sidewall "15 inch"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts