Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now only in all those fake ones were out of there too
What fake ones?

I have met almost everyone that's in the top 50 in person at DRTC events over the years - I was there when some of those passes were run.

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,265 Posts
just using these as an example, but these look too much as even numbers to be true
85 ixcelr8 99 RC R/T N/A [email protected]
94 Wolf360rt 2000 Dakota R/T N/A 2.100 [email protected]
105 99durango318 2000 Dakota R/T Club N/A 2.100 9.600 [email protected]
113 evilr2003 Dakota S/C 206.0 [email protected] Details
114 Stock99RT 99 Dakota RT N/A 2.200 [email protected]
115 6dangerdakota 99 dakota R/T rc S/C [email protected]
116 Flyboy426 '93 Dodge Dakota 245.0 [email protected]
They might be real, but my opinion they look fake

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just using these as an example, but these look too much as even numbers to be true
85 ixcelr8 99 RC R/T N/A [email protected]
94 Wolf360rt 2000 Dakota R/T N/A 2.100 [email protected]
105 99durango318 2000 Dakota R/T Club N/A 2.100 9.600 [email protected]
113 evilr2003 Dakota S/C 206.0 [email protected] Details
114 Stock99RT 99 Dakota RT N/A 2.200 [email protected]
115 6dangerdakota 99 dakota R/T rc S/C [email protected]
116 Flyboy426 '93 Dodge Dakota 245.0 [email protected]
They might be real, but my opinion they look fake
They seem pretty reasonable to me... If you look at the profiles and/or posts from those people, most of them mention a number of modifications on their trucks. Some of them also live near good weather tracks.

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,265 Posts
They seem pretty reasonable to me... If you look at the profiles and/or posts from those people, most of them mention a number of modifications on their trucks. Some of them also live near good weather tracks.
your right, the times do look reasonable for the mods, but for the timeslips part of it what are the odd's that they run that even of numbers. if they raced it put the true numbers on there, not "even" or "rounded" numbers

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
3,104 Posts
I guess what I mean is I've never made a pass at 14.80 @ 90.00 MPH. its always like 14.813 @ 89.84 like that
That is true.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess what I mean is I've never made a pass at 14.80 @ 90.00 MPH. its always like 14.813 @ 89.84 like that
The system automatically adds the extra 0's - if you type [email protected] the forum will post it as [email protected]

There probably is a number of slips that weren't submitted all the way to the hundredth/thousandth, especially in the mid to slower range from people who don't race very often.

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,265 Posts
The system automatically adds the extra 0's - if you type [email protected] the forum will post it as [email protected]

There probably is a number of slips that weren't submitted all the way to the hundredth/thousandth, especially in the mid to slower range from people who don't race very often.
ok, that would make more sense then. I thought you had to put the full numbers in.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
hskrRT, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Steve, didn't the "details" link used to take you to pics of the time slips? Now it takes you to your profile.
Nope - there's a separate link to the far right of each entry where you can click & see the timeslip (if someone bothered to upload one). However, you are supposed to see all of the timeslip information on the profile page, I'll have to investigate why it's not showing up.

Uploading timeslips has been optional on the site, because the vast majority of the slips are posted from people we all know and relatively trust. We haven't had the same problems as Dragtruk with bullshit submissions.

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
Nope - there's a separate link to the far right of each entry where you can click & see the timeslip (if someone bothered to upload one). However, you are supposed to see all of the timeslip information on the profile page, I'll have to investigate why it's not showing up.

Uploading timeslips has been optional on the site, because the vast majority of the slips are posted from people we all know and relatively trust. We haven't had the same problems as Dragtruk with bullshit submissions.
My time slips used to be posted there on the right, but when I last checked it, the link just took me to my profile.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Went to the strip yesterday ran a new better time. Ran 8.71 @80.95 mph ran 1000 ft 11.1 at 91.99 mph. This was just like you drive on street tires, heaaders closed, just drove it to the track let some air out of my tires and ran it.Also bad short time 2.0

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Giving this thread a bump :bump: so people get a reminder about the timeslip database.

As previously mentioned in this thread - the database software automatically adds enough 0's so that you get thousandths of a second and hundredths of mph on the slip - eg: if you type 14.6 @ 96, the system will display it as 14.600 @ 96.00. Because of how this works, I can only encourage everyone to please post all of the decimal places that are available on your timeslip without cutting them off or rounding up/down.

Once in awhile I'll allow an exception, but in general please try to limit your entries to just Dodge Dakotas or Durangos. I don't want the database to get cluttered with a variety of vehicles - you're welcome to discuss your drag racing experience with alternative vehicles in this racing subforum.

If you have any questions about the validity of someone's entry, please post your inquiry in this thread or this subforum. If attempts to verify the timeslip by video, timeslip scan, vouch from multiple regular members, etc. fail, then the entry will be deleted.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Can one edit previous entry as mods made and the times improve?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No bashing against SDCE, but should cars be on this list? After all it's a truck forum. If so, I will add my Challenger (9.3's)! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts