Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just yanked out the 17+ cube crx box. If anyone wants to buy it, come to Chicago and get it.

Its wall time :):) So far I got 2 runs of 2/0 for power wire coming from the front battery, and I took the seats out. Me and by buddy Iggy bolted in a nice false floor today so the wall doesn't come crashing into the front seat. Then we debated over different approaches to the wall and how to build it, were gettin there, almost agreed on everything :)

This is just tentative, I'm not sure how its really going to end up. But for sure I'm doing 4 15s in a wall, gonna try to get over 300 in^2 of port and 25-30 cubes for the box. This is not final, but it's what were going to be shooting for. I'll get all ya guys some more pics as they come in and the wall slowly progresses forward.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aigth ppls, update time and pic time. It turned out that after displacements the subs are going to be in ~24 cubes of airspace and ~500^2 in of port.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I guess I might as well start from the first day. Iggy came over and we used random wood we already had to make a base for the wall to chill on, bolted it to the car so I dont get crushed when I ram someone ;) lol

Then Iggy took a long look at the base....

.....and realized he didn't want to make a wall so he tried to kill himself.

I dont think it worked cuz he went shopping w/ me to home depot the next day, but he hasn't came back to camp since :( <--tear That's aight, I'll make him leave work and show up soon, check out the progress.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was convinced that the best way to build a wall is to rip everything out of the car that can possibly come out, but I put my foot down at the headliner ;) That was staying in.

Tried cuttin wood, but it rained :( got wet

So we ate some pizza :) yummmm

We put up a tent cuz it was rainin, get a light, ready to go, make one cut....its time for the baby across the street to go to bed, had to stop. This was my reaction....

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark doing a little bit of sanding, its a tight a** fit. It can't get any bigger at all, we basically had to sand down the ends of the wall to get the doors to close. Good thing its 1.5" everywhere.

Ugh, the garage gets dirtier every day

I'm so damn sick of sawing, good thing Mark helped me out and cut the little angle peices for the inside. Well, I dont think he was bein nice, I just think he didn't trust me doin an angle cut w/ his saw, lolol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And they fit pretty nicely :) Looks good in there too.

And I did a little geometry on the baffle, gotta cut it tomorrow after class :)

And thats the end for now. What ya think?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
:drool: :drool: Now you know you HAVE to post pics after you get it completed right.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, and I'll def keep posting pics. i'm hoping today to get the baffle finished and in. Brace the back a little more, and throw some threaded rods in there, make it nice and strong.

I'm not sure if I'll get to an amp rack at all soon. It depends how itchy I get to hear it once its ready for power. i might just wire it all up and throw amps and batts in the back wherever and make it look nice later.

Stay tuned for more pics :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yesterday was a good day :)

This is when I realized that I can just sit in the port and drive, who needs a drivers seat?! :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
drillin for the threaded rod

turnin some nuts, lol

fallin asleep turnin nuts, takes a while

My new favorite pic. And oh yea, I really suck w/ this grinder, bad, its just fun makin sparks

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is anyone alive on this board ;) lol

btw....as of about 2 hours ago, my wall is in and powered up!!

I'll get more pics b4 the night is over :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why Matt is the install king, he can fit anywhere :p

I think she looks pretty all done :)

Nuthin better than ugly ass temporary wiring when you haven't done an amp rack yet and you're waiting for your other amp to come in.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FTC said:
thats crazy. what equipment are you using? and whats it all rated at?
For the subs I have 4 RE SX 15s rated for 1000wrms conservatively, they can take more for daily, RE tends to underrate sub handling power.

For amps I have 2 Orion 2500d's. I haven't personally had mine bench tested, but friends of mine have and they've gotten figures around 2800+ watts.

I should put up some decent numbers I'm thinkin w/ 4 15s and around 5500 watts walled off :woot:

I should be outside making a port plug right now for daily, but its kind of rainy and crappy out. I'll just wait for another day.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts