Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am using a Hughes Engines 55mm TB. Their website states you will need to use a 96 cable to make it work. Problem is no one has one that I can tell, I have called dealers, auto parts store. Does anyone know where to get one other than Hughes or what else may work. Thanks

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Hello I am using a Hughes Engines 55mm TB. Their website states you will need to use a 96 cable to make it work. Problem is no one has one that I can tell, I have called dealers, auto parts store. Does anyone know where to get one other than Hughes or what else may work. Thanks
salvage yards.

or buy a universal throttle cable from jegs and make it work. they're not that hard to rig up. if needed, I can show how I did mine with some pics later.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
There are two style connectors, one is a ball and socket type, and the other is a round disk.

What I have in this picture is a disk style throttle body with a ball/socket cable, obviously not compatible, I had to order one from dodge. If your TB looks like mine, just order a cable for like a 99 RT, it should fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts