Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get a 52mm throttle body will that screw things up with the computer?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it shouldn't screw anything up with the pcm, the pcm will adjust over time to the new tolerances....it usually takes a little bit but you can speed up the process by removing the negative terminal and putting the truck to the on position for 15 sec. and then reconnect and hold on...remember everything compliments each other...a larger bore tb won't do that much if you have nothing else....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
throttle body

so i wont really feel a difference if i get the 52mm tb if i have flowmaster dual exhaust, air raid intake, and a superchip?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
52 mm might prove to be too much...consider going to a 50mm I have the holley 52mm on my truck...its a beautiful piece and works well with my setup...but Ialso have the m1 and some other goodies...do you plan on doing anything else to your truck? if so go with the 52 but expect a loss of low end grunt until you do...otherwise the 50mm is a good compromise..with the mods you have I would stick to the 50mm...if you want some more power after that look into roller rockers...I'm actually selling mine...they're brand new never used...I was going to put them on my truck but i need the cash...email if you're interested in them at [email protected]...but back to the original question....yea I would go with the 50mm you'll like it

·
People suck.
337 Posts
I thought the RT already had the 50mm.. :confused:

I'm getting misinformed, methinks.:duel:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe its a 48mm most step up to either a reworked stocker from fastman...which makes everything smooth...or a billet...billet is alot more money...but doesn't require a core

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
jweltch said:
I thought the RT already had the 50mm.. :confused:

I'm getting misinformed, methinks.:duel:
The factory R/T throttle body is 50mm at the blades, but there is a section above the blades where it is narrowed down to 48mm. All of the ported throttle bodies (APS, Fastman, etc) bore the whole thing out to 52mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts