Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, apologies that I had to start a new thread, but I went four pages in, and I didn't see anything onto which I could add this.

I have the 2007 Dakota with the 3.7 (actually, it's a Mitsubishi Raider, but close enough). I had some minor problems with the throttle position sensor, lack of shifting occasionally. Then I got the error code for the TPS. My 2007 has a non-replaceable TPS, so I bought a new throttle body, swapped for the old one, truck runs smooth. Reset computer, error code went away, but then it came back, keeps coming back ... both the idiot light for the TPS and the error code.

I thought perhaps the idle air control sensor, but it looked clean. Maybe one of the air flow sensors? I can't get rid of that code. The truck idles smooth, good throttle response, seems healthy. But the zombie code keeps popping up.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,493 Posts
It's a OBDII vehicle.

I'd clean the contacts, then I'd take a multi meter and measure the resistance sweep (bonus points if it's an old needle style analog meter!) to see how smoothly the TPS is moving as you manipulate the throttle linkage (motor off for this test!)

I'd also pick up a ELM327 type Bluetooth/OBDII adapter, and install Torque (free or pro; pro's cheap) on my Android phone; then I'd query the ECU to see what it's seeing also.

That may help figure out where the problem is.

Problem MAY be a bad connection between the TPS and the ECU (loose or sprung connector, pinched wire, etc).

RwP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem MAY be a bad connection between the TPS and the ECU (loose or sprung connector, pinched wire, etc).

RwP
Thanks Ralph, I'll check the connections. It seems to pop off sporadically, but when it does, the throttle still works flawlessly.

Is there anything else connected to the throttle body circuit that could throw that code?

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,493 Posts
Possibly; but I don't have the factory service manual for a 2007, so can't say yea or nay.

RwP

·
Registered
44 Posts
Isn’t this a year where Dodge made the wire insulation out of a biodegradable soy compound that loves to just fall off? I can definitely see it being a wiring issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts