Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I just install spacer on my truck and when I turned the key truck is ruving up like crazy. How do you adjust the pedal or throuttle body link? Does anybody know? Please help!
Dmitry:(

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Fixed the problem

Just want to let people know that I fixed the problem. It works great now. I had a spacer facing backwards instead of forward. That was the problem. Now I can really feel the differents. R T rules!! Go 5.9

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Spacer

I think I got a spacer on Ebay for $36
The throttle responce is better and for sure eats more gas!
I think it does make differents. A specially in the cold weather.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
From what I heard it'll do you better for a paper weight.

Alot of guys has said it doesn't do a thing for our trucks being fuel injected. They are for carb equiped vehicles.

But that's just what I've read over and over again.

·
Scared? We're all scared
168 Posts
it will work on fuel injected engines as well. the major difference, though, is that the newer engines are port injected, not throttle injected. what the spacer is supposed to do is to make better atomization of the fuel and air mixture. well, in a port injected engine, the fuel is delivered directly to the cylinders, bypassing the intake, it separates the air and fuel mixture until it gets into the cylinders.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I heard it's only works good on the 4.7 engines. I agree with nightmare. I heard the same thing as MoparREVolution did except for on the 4.7

·
Never Satisfied
75 Posts
Like mentioned above.. port injected motors spacers = paperweights, this includes the 4.7L .. only thing they do is make a cool whistling noise.. LOL

the point of the spacer is to create a 'swirling' effect, better mixing the air/fuel, for a better burn. so.. common sense would state that, if the fuel is not part of the mixing equation until already in the cylinder.. what good is the spacer doing way the heck up on the TB ?? .. there ain't no mixin' goin on' there.. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had one one my 4.7 and I didn't notice any thing so I took it off. i'll sell it real cheap if someone wants it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
how about $30. plus shipping

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put one on my 3.9 and it torques more when it shifts. Other than that, there was no power gain at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a point of reference, I installed an ebay t-body spacer on my Durango (03 RT).

My seat of the pants dyno doesn't feel any different BUT, my gas mileage has improved nicely. Pre-spacer I averaged 11.2-11.4. After the spacer install I average 12.4-12.6. (both averages consisted of at least 3 full tanks of gas).

Best $24 I ever spent. :mullet:

chris

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

I am real glad that I read this thread. I have been debating about spcers on e-bay for a while, for a cheap upgrade. I think I will just wait now. By the way check out the avenger that I built when I got back from the desert last time. It looked real sweet, but ran like a$$.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
the only thing my spacer did for me was added a little bit of gas milage. no power gain and no show on the dyno.. mostly turned out to be a waiste of money.

:jester:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts