Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELIX THROTTLE BODY SPACER. what do you think?? i was talking with the local off-road guy here in LaCrosse, he was talking about the spacer. he said i need that with the new cat cabk and the intake. I am going to get the intake done here soon and if money is there get the exaust done. but Y the spacer??
so i guess im asking all you what you think

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sundragon said:
HELIX THROTTLE BODY SPACER. what do you think?? i was talking with the local off-road guy here in LaCrosse, he was talking about the spacer. he said i need that with the new cat cabk and the intake. I am going to get the intake done here soon and if money is there get the exaust done. but Y the spacer??
so i guess im asking all you what you think

Thanks
The spacer is nothing but a waste of money. The spacer helped the older motors with carbureators because it gave more time and distance for the fuel and air to mix because the combination is mixed at the carb instead of the cylinder. With the new DPI (Direct Port Injection) motors (4.7L's) the fuel doesn't even get into the air until the moment it goes into the cylinder. So all a spacer will do is make the air travel farther before it mixes with the gas with no gain whatsoever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! that just answered all my questions about this. I was not sure about the injection system in this 4.7 This is a post to keep i think.

Thanks SSRAGE!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your welcome anytime. If you're going to spend money on intake get a cold air intake for it. I personally recomend 360AirIntakez but there are others as well out there that are good. But for the money, quality, service and options you can't beat the guys at 360. I have one on my truck and it made a noticeable difference in power and gas mileage for the better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking at all the air intakes. I was going to try something new. run a new pipe from the intake to the stock filter box. switch out the filter with K&N and then redirect the little air inlet thing to the front of the truck more. I was just thinking about all the snow and ice in the winter that might get into the open air filter. I drive 65 miles one way to work in the interstate. Lots of snow gets in there. Wish me luck.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your wish is granted... good luck! Hey check out 360AirIntakez Kool Shot . It is exactly what your talkin about with just replacing that big ugly box on top with a 3.5" aluminum powder coated tube that connects the throttle body with the filter box. And it comes with the filter for the box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sundragon said:
SWEEEET!!!!!!
Haha!! I figured you might like that! The "Kool" thing about it is you getta pick your colors. When I bought mine a year ago they didn't have the option at the time ... so your lucky! Although I would probably still have the same colors. :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK now that i know that im getting that, How can i spot the IAT sensor so that i can have it mounted on that? i e-mailed them and they said they would put in a spot for it. anyone have hint or maybe a pic that showes it? 01 4.7L

BIG thanks to SSRAGE!!!!! :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sundragon said:
OK now that i know that im getting that, How can i spot the IAT sensor so that i can have it mounted on that? i e-mailed them and they said they would put in a spot for it. anyone have hint or maybe a pic that showes it? 01 4.7L

BIG thanks to SSRAGE!!!!! :D :D :D
I will try to get a pic of it for you tonight but I can't guarantee anything. Lil Lady has dinner plans or something. Mine is located in the throttle body itself. Read the performance tips section and that might give you a little better clue on what to look for. It has 3 wires going into it but don't remember the colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts