Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any -1 put one of these or similar onto their v-8? Did you like it? I currently have K&N cone filter, no airbox. And will it come with gaskets?

PowerAid Throttle Body Spacers
Today's Price: US $83.12
MANUFACTURER: Airaid
PART NUMBER: 300570
COLOR: N/A

The Poweraid TBS concept was developed to enhance mid-range power, torque, and fuel efficiency. The unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the Poweraid throttle body spacers causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body. This extremely beneficial air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture, which produces tremendous gains in mid-range power and overall

* Developed to enhance mid-range power, torque, and fuel efficiency
* Unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the Poweraid throttle body spacers
* Air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture
* Key element to the horsepower success
* Sold individually

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
save your cash.... i fell for it and now own a great paper weight. :cussing:
works great with a CARB, not our direct injected motors.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Like was said before they are a waste of money. things companys come out with that don't work really piss me off.

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
Oh, but it will increase performance.
It'll make your money leave your wallet faster. That's all!

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
There's nothing wrong with swirling air. In fact on a carb'd motor, air swirl is preferred to further enhance air/fuel mixture. However, as you know, or may not know, on a carb, gas is squirted into the carb before the air/fuel mixture enters the intake manifold. However, on our magnum motors, the air (and only air) travels approx 12/14 inches (depending on manifold configuration) from the throttle body until it sees the fuel injector near the entrance of the intake port on the cylinder head. By then, any "air swirl" is pretty much cancelled out. Hope this helped. WHEW... I need a beer now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the air IS still swirling, and that would make it go into the intake runners faster. I would tend to think it would get turbulant though when it's split 8 ways. But I can't see spending 90 bucks on it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
For the cost of a new set of intake gaskets and a weekend you can port match the intake to the heads and pick up a few more horses. The spacer does nothing for injected engines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts