Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been lurking around the boards for a while, but this is my first question-- I hope you guys take it easy on me because I know this is a point of contention around here.
I had some disposable income and a real urge to experiment so I bought a throttle body spacer-- I'm fully aware of the pros and cons on the boards about them so that's not what my question is about.
What I was sent was a generic "one-size-fits-all" for any Dodge (mind you, in the instructions they didn't spell Durango correctly). So, after having painstakingly ported and polished my 3.9's throttle body, I have a spacer that has holes which are larger than those on the beer barrel and the throttle body (essentially, the spacer could fit a V8)-- my question is, won't this spacer cause undesirable flow hence actually hurting me more than it helps?
I appreciate any response-- I think I just need a few additional points of view about this problem.
Thanks,
eric.

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
Yes, it will hurt more. Personally I think a TB spacer is not worth it on a fuel injected truck. Carb and TBI - it might have some benefits. If the spacers opening is larger than the TB bores and intake, then you will likely generate more turbulence, reducing the effectiveness and speed of the air entering the intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts