Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking about those airbag stickers on the inside sunvisors....

Anyone have any luck removing them without toasting the material on the visors??

Seems like they are iron-ons or something...was going to try a heat gun but dont want to ruin the visors...

I have seen those stock-on cover-up Dodge decals, etc that some folks use, but I just want them bare....

Anyone??

DZ

H

·
0 Posts
Look on Dak usa for intreper. He had some overlays made that I bought from him. They look like brushed Aluminum and they say dodge on them. They just go over the sticker. I think they look awesome and they only cost like $14 I think. Just an idea.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
or you can look up 00RedRT ( darren) he can make you some just go to the members link and look for his screen name and send him an email

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have seen those overlays...Frankly, I dont want ANYTHING on the visors...neither the ugly air bag stickers OR DODGE logos.....

Would just like to have plain old visors.... :)

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
zavetsky said:
Yeah, I have seen those overlays...Frankly, I dont want ANYTHING on the visors...neither the ugly air bag stickers OR DODGE logos.....

Would just like to have plain old visors.... :)
I have heard that some people have been successful in removing the airbag decal by using a heat gun and being really careful when trying to peel it off, but a lot of people have also tried this and failed.

Darren (00REDRT) typically has his visors made with the R/T logo, but you can certainly have them recovered without any embroidery at all (or pick a different logo).

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
I have heard that some people have been successful in removing the airbag decal by using a heat gun and being really careful when trying to peel it off, but a lot of people have also tried this and failed.
I've heard the same. maybe you'll get lucky man. What I did to solve my problem of seeing them sticker is I put a CD visor on my side, and a mirror for the g/f on the passenger side, lol.

·
0 Posts
I was really bored one day waiting in line for the ferry and i started picking at the visor sticker and the passenger side came off perfectly but the drivers side was a different story. it's not sticky but it left this kinda greyish film sorta thing. it's not very noticeable but it's kinda ugly. i'm probably gonna try to get some of that goop-off or whatever it's called, it takes away the sticky goopy stuff off of anything.

T

·
0 Posts
03dakotachic said:
I was really bored one day waiting in line for the ferry and i started picking at the visor sticker and the passenger side came off perfectly but the drivers side was a different story. it's not sticky but it left this kinda greyish film sorta thing. it's not very noticeable but it's kinda ugly. i'm probably gonna try to get some of that goop-off or whatever it's called, it takes away the sticky goopy stuff off of anything.
Gotta love sticky goopy stuff :D :D :D

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
try that "goo-gone" its a citrus based cleaner...removes sticky stuff, crayons, goo and it even takes off road tar. you can find it at home depot or longs or save on or something like that.

·
0 Posts
kaui56 said:
try that "goo-gone" its a citrus based cleaner...removes sticky stuff, crayons, goo and it even takes off road tar. you can find it at home depot or longs or save on or something like that.
YA! that's what it's called! thanks...i really need to get some of that stuff for my visor

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
wet a towel... lay it on the sticker... and get an iron... lay the iron on the sticker area for a few seconds... try and peel off... do so until it's easy to get sticker off. They should peel off just fine.

Paul

B

·
0 Posts
LOL when i picked up my dak years back, there were big ole stickers on the visors so i peeled them off only to discover smaller ones underneath:(

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
damn ever since you metioned the damn sticker thats all i notice when i get in...never bothered me before...thanks a lot...haha

·
0 Posts
BaDDaK said:
LOL when i picked up my dak years back, there were big ole stickers on the visors so i peeled them off only to discover smaller ones underneath:(
haha same thing happened with my old blazer! i was so cheesed off! lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! I will try that.....

Of course, cant do that until the dealer fixes the lock problem I am having.....I gotta go all weekend without my Durango.... :(

DZ

YAAAABUDDY03 said:
wet a towel... lay it on the sticker... and get an iron... lay the iron on the sticker area for a few seconds... try and peel off... do so until it's easy to get sticker off. They should peel off just fine.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
BaDDaK said:
Same thing happened to me.
Ted 00 R/T said:
I just put my CD holders over them then you can't see them.
Good idea!!
zavetsky said:
Thanks! I will try that.....

Of course, cant do that until the dealer fixes the lock problem I am having.....I gotta go all weekend without my Durango.... :(

DZ
Good Luck with the fun lil project.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
Darren (00REDRT) typically has his visors made with the R/T logo, but you can certainly have them recovered without any embroidery at all (or pick a different logo).
Thanks Steve (and Adam) for the kind plug.

OK, you guys asked for it and I have the information available now. If you have a Gen III Dakota ('97 to present), I can offer reupholstered sun visors with custom embroidered logos on them. These custom embroidered sun visors will eliminate the "air bag warning" stickers and add a custom touch to your Dakota or Durango. I used my own 2000 Flame Red Dakota R/T as a test project and here are the results.

The old visor material removed

The new visor embroidered and installed

Both visors embroidered and installed

Pricing and fabrics
-Standard (Sand Grey) visor fabric embroidered with one of the logos below and recovered is $60.00 per pair of visors.

-Custom visor fabric (Non-standard color or fabric) embroidered with one of the logos below and recovered is $80.00 per pair of visors.

-Standard Dodge/Dakota logos are available as one color logos and are shown below. Thread color will match the exterior paint color unless you specify a thread color.

-Custom logos may be created at a price of $75.00 for a custom digitized logo.

Dodge/Dakota Logos

Ordering Information
-To place and order please send an email to me at [email protected]

-Please indicate the year of your Dakota, the logo you wish to have embroidered on your visors, and the thread color to be used, and your Zip Code so that I may calculate shipping charges to give you a final total.
-I accept PayPal or Money Orders

Thank you to everyone for your interest in these custom sun visors!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts