Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I lost the High & Low settings on my blower control. The middle two settings work normal. I checked the to make sure the plug on the back side was securley plugged in. Also I pulled the relay and switched it with the wiper relay and that did not change anything. Anybody got a suggestions at where to go from here. :anyone:

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
its the thingamajigger thats attached to that one doohickey.

hopefully that helps:funny:

but i would like to know this same question actually :waiting:

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
:mullet: I've only had high for like 2 years, I might have to try that.

·
SPOOOOON!
568 Posts
why would you live with only a high fan setting for two years? i would think over that time you could've saved up the $50 bucks to get your blower motor resistor diagnosed.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Because it doesn't really bother me and I never took the time to find out what was wrong with it. I just turn in off and on as needed. Now I know what is wrong and I have the money but still probably won't get around to messing with it for a while.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
It's a $10-15 part. Takes 5 min to do.
Ehh, maybe I'll get around to it. Will it make me faster? :jester:
My truck is bare bones, I don't need all those luxuries.

·
Black Hat
36 Posts
Sounds like the resistor to me. Passenger side interior compartment. You'll see it under the dash. 15 dollar part

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The resistor is very common here and on othe Chrysler vehicles. I have a Wrangler and it very common over there. Mine went on the Wrangler. I started loosing speeds one by one.

Note on the Dak/Durango, the resistor is located in two places. 97-00 it is accessed from outside. You have to take off the wiper cowl. There is an opening in the center. It is in there. 01+ it is under the dash but I do not have the exact location.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
It's a $10-15 part. Takes 5 min to do.
It was $13.12 and took 8 mins, they all work now :mullet:
I've been driving around with only high and off because of that :funny:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the part today @ NAPA will install Friday morning.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Got mine from Napa too, works like a charm. Just do it now, it won't take 10 mins.

·
ROFLcopter
16,692 Posts
The resistor is very common here and on othe Chrysler vehicles. I have a Wrangler and it very common over there. Mine went on the Wrangler. I started loosing speeds one by one.

Note on the Dak/Durango, the resistor is located in two places. 97-00 it is accessed from outside. You have to take off the wiper cowl. There is an opening in the center. It is in there. 01+ it is under the dash but I do not have the exact location.
Any more reference on the wiper cowl, as mine is a 99, and the motor won't turn on as it worked fine before. What do I remove etc. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts