Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well im planning on gettin a paxton novi2000 for my RT whenever i get the money and i plan on gettin an M1 and a throttle body and some other things to go along with it...but for the M1 i seen a 4bbl and a 2bbl...whats the difference, what would be better for me to get? and then the TB...52mm, 58mm, or what? not sure what would be the best to do here, can any1 help? ...thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you are going to use a 2bb. TB then get a 2bbl. M1. If you are going to use a 4bbl. TB get a 4bbl. M1. You can adapt the 4bbl. M1 to a 2bbl. but there's not much point in that unless you can't find a 2bbl. M1. Basically there are no other differences other than you will get slight better flow if use the right one with a 2bbl..

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
graphitert01 said:
you want a 2bbl manifold and either a 52 mm or a 55 mm tb either f&b or holley. Southesastperfgormance has everything you need call or email john and he will hook you up.

Jeff

you mean southeastrt.com and John's email addy is [email protected] I talked to him on the phone Sunday and he's gonna have me on a great set-up with the Paxton. Now I need to find that 4 grand to get the S/C :biggthump

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i checked out thefastman.com earlier 2day...throttle bodies caught my eye, i seen them on there for $250 for the 52mm and iv seen them other places for upwards of $480. are the fastmans' used or are they new and they just have bitchin' prices? anybody thats got a TB from them that can help...i appreciate it

PS it also said next to the $250 price there was an $80 core, exactly what does that mean?

·
Registered
799 Posts
02DakRT said:
hey i checked out thefastman.com earlier 2day...throttle bodies caught my eye, i seen them on there for $250 for the 52mm and iv seen them other places for upwards of $480. are the fastmans' used or are they new and they just have bitchin' prices? anybody thats got a TB from them that can help...i appreciate it

PS it also said next to the $250 price there was an $80 core, exactly what does that mean?

Fastman modifies factory TBs. The core charge means you pay it and it's refunded once your original TB is sent to him.

·
Registered
799 Posts
02DakRT said:
man...durangodudenj...you've helped me with almost every single one of my posts lol i really appreciate it, thanks

No problem!! Glad to help out!!

I've had a lot of experience with what you and most folks are looking to do so I like to pass my knowledge on to them so they can make the right decisions.

Good luck with everything!

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey i sent dan over at the fastman.com an email last night tellin him my plans and he wrote back this morning and he said that he has a 53mm TB i should go with...would i be able to put this on with just exhaust and my K&N intake, or would my best bet be to just put it on when the supercharger goes on?

·
Registered
799 Posts
02DakRT said:
hey i sent dan over at the fastman.com an email last night tellin him my plans and he wrote back this morning and he said that he has a 53mm TB i should go with...would i be able to put this on with just exhaust and my K&N intake, or would my best bet be to just put it on when the supercharger goes on?

Go for it now and give your ECM time to adjust. Should take anywhere from 80-200 miles for it to recognize the larger bores.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Before you choose your TB check out Hughesengines.com there 50mm billet TB not only looks good but it has a higher CFM than any 52mm TB that anyone else sells, Its rated at 866 Cfm, I put it on my R/T a week after I put on my M1 2b manifold and it really made a BIG difference. Its freaking awesome

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
People who get the 4bbl M-1 dont use 4bbl TBs, except on very high hp occasions. They enlarge the adapter plate to accomodate large 2bbl TBs like the F&B 58mm. This way is a lot easier b/c, to use a 4bbl TB, it would take a lot of modifications to get the throttle linkage and kickdown cable to work. Also the 4bbl provides slightly better flow than the 2bbl.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
98DA_DakR/T said:
Before you choose your TB check out Hughesengines.com there 50mm billet TB not only looks good but it has a higher CFM than any 52mm TB that anyone else sells, Its rated at 866 Cfm, I put it on my R/T a week after I put on my M1 2b manifold and it really made a BIG difference. Its freaking awesome
A 50mm that flows more than a 52mm? Do they have any perpetual motion machines for sale?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
People who get the 4bbl M-1 dont use 4bbl TBs, except on very high hp occasions. They enlarge the adapter plate to accomodate large 2bbl TBs like the F&B 58mm. This way is a lot easier b/c, to use a 4bbl TB, it would take a lot of modifications to get the throttle linkage and kickdown cable to work. Also the 4bbl provides slightly better flow than the 2bbl.
A four bbl. with progressive linkage would be nice. As for taking "a lot of modification," people have been doing far far more complicated linkages for many years. Try setting up an Offy with eight carbs sometime or even a simple 2-4bbl setup.

On another forum we had a discussion on how you might take a Holley carb and use it as a throttle body. You would be surprised at the innovative ideas that popped up to handle the sensor issues.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a 4bbl Mopar TB on my M1 and I'm still working on the linkage. As long as you maintain the same distances as on the stock 2bbl bracket and line everything up, you should be ok. It doesn't have progressive linkage but flows about 1000cfm+. Looking forward to hearing that thing open up!! :)

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im getting a little confused, i was gonna go with a 2bbl M1 from either socaldakota or GSM and then probably the 53mm TB from thefastman, is that not a good set up, will it not work?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.