1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
sweet man .... :mullet: :mullet:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
yeah definitely get some thicker wiring. My friend used power cables from a old cop flasher light siren thing to run my speakers, almost too thick to go into the hook up :biggthump

·
Registered
598 Posts
DownBoi said:
yeah definitely get some thicker wiring. My friend used power cables from a old cop flasher light siren thing to run my speakers, almost too thick to go into the hook up :biggthump

Aight, I gotta see a picture of that stuff, lolol

Glad your guy came through for ya :) Get those bad dogs in soon and start craaaankin'! ::)

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
that's just the wire it came with. I'm going to run 10ga (8ga. wont fit in double) as soon as I buy 2 rolls of 10ga. wire I'll be set:)
That's what I am running through-out my install. 'cept the ONE IMPORTANT PIECE! I need more 10 Ga to go from box to subs. I got all the inbox wiring done with 10, and RAN OUT! I needed boom, so I just used some 12 I had sitting aorund... Sad eh? That's what happens when you install at 1030PM Sat Night LMAO

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 50" wide by 27" deep by 17" tall to work with for a box. I want it to be tuned to 32hz with a port on top in back and the speakers firing in the front into the back of my seats. Help me out here guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
I need more 10 Ga to go from box to subs. I got all the inbox wiring done with 10, and RAN OUT! I needed boom, so I just used some 12 I had sitting aorund...
you would see no gain over that short of a distance. you have to remember that you need a larger gauge of wire because of how much current you are pulling and how far of a distance you need to cover. going from 12 to 10 gauge is not going to do anything over a distance of a foot inside your box. you would be better off eliminating the terminal cup on the box and running speaker wire straight from the sub to the amp.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found some 10ga. double loom wire that I'm going to buy to use for this install. As for the amp, I'm going to use the Brutus 2005d so I can wire them down to 1ohm and get 1kw RMS per sub. :D can we say "Boom Boom"? lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've got all my measurements done for the box. It's going to be 10.59cu. ft. (already subtracted for the port and sub displacements)

I'm getting the 10ga double loom wire from knuconcepts and the 1/0 power/ground from the welding supply.

I'm going to double up the box for strength so hopefully I won't have to add more bracing. Using Gorilla Glue to hold the mdf together. and the port is going to be tuned to 32hz in the front of the box in between the two subs.

What should I use for deadening in the cab? I was thinking about Edead V2

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got all the MDF cut, all I have to do is put the box togehter, but I wont have a chance until this coming up tues. I'll post pics when I'm building it :D

·
pressurized
187 Posts
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
I've got all my measurements done for the box. It's going to be 10.59cu. ft. (already subtracted for the port and sub displacements)

I'm getting the 10ga double loom wire from knuconcepts and the 1/0 power/ground from the welding supply.

I'm going to double up the box for strength so hopefully I won't have to add more bracing. Using Gorilla Glue to hold the mdf together. and the port is going to be tuned to 32hz in the front of the box in between the two subs.

What should I use for deadening in the cab? I was thinking about Edead V2
i have tried a bunch and Dynamat is by far the best sure it costs more but so does everything else don't make the mistake and by the cheap shit and end up having a tar mess trust me that sucks spend the extra $ and get the good stuff :biggthump

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.