Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is it? where is it? what does it do? where can i buy one?(around the town)? what does it look like? 160° or 180° one? TIA:p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
your themastat is what controls the temp. of your engine. it should be on the front top part of your engine block. and which thermasts to get is up to you it all depends on how cold you want your enigine to run.

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
cory said:
what is it? where is it? what does it do? where can i buy one?(around the town)? what does it look like? 160° or 180° one? TIA:p
Read above and I think 180 would be good. 160 would prolly be a lil too cold. Costs about 3 bucks from your local Advance/Pep boys/Autozone.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and i dont need a holder thingy for it(ugh i forgot what its called)?

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
I don't think so, it should exactly down where your old one was.

Oh, do you mean a gasket? if so, yes you do but it comes with the new tstat. when you install it put a lil rtv on the gasket to make sure it seals and stays sealed.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got a quick question after you get a cooler therm. do you need to reprogram the computer?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, but too low of a temp might throw a code. and BTW since nobody is looking in the 3.9 section, how do i pull a code?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i mean i have the check engine light come on all the time and i have no idea what it could be, so how do i get the code to display so i can see whats wrong?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know in the 91 dodge spirit there was a way to get the code by flip your ingnition to the acc position 3 time and leaving it there might work but not sure check engine light should flash 3 time to five times and then give you the code just count the flashes and look in a chiltons for the number of flashes thats what I had to on that car I know two totally different things but it might work

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the first 3 or 5 is telling you that it's looking after that I'm not sure. but don't quote my on the the first 3 or 5 either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts