Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
It's Here!! :)

Just took deliver of a 2004 HEMI Durango, that I special ordered in November!

The particulars are:
2004 Durango Limited
Pearl Patriot Blue paint
4x4 with 5 speed auto transmission
3.92 axle w/ 2 speed locking center differential
Power sunroof
Tow Package
DVD player
Grey Leather heated seats
384 watt 8 speaker stereo
17X8 aluminum wheels with 265/65 BW tires
and of course - 5.7 HEMI 335HP/370 ft/lb torque

I didn't get the traction control - who needs it with the locking diff? :confused: :D

I also started the customization of the truck with a pair of the "HEMI" badges for the front fenders.

Next will be intake and exhaust. Anyone heard of an available system for the '04 Durango Hemi? When is Mopar performance supposed to have a setup available? Got start reading up!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Post some Pics when you get the chance. How exciting. Where did you order your D from? I ordered my D mid Dec. I think it will be shipped to the dealer by the end of the week can't wait. For those of you interested in a D if you can be patient for the 8-10 weeks its worth ordering save you a lot plus you get what you want.
I got mine a few hundreds below invoice.
MSRP 38,950 for a Limited Hemi 4X4
Chrome wheels,
traction control
upgrade tires
chrome tip
heavy trailer
side air bags
3rd row split seats
colored runnning boards
all for 35,000!
I was comfortable with this price. I've ordered before from another dealer but this dealer that I worked with was awesome I didn't have to haggle with prices he was aware of me being somewhat educated as to what I wanted so he gave me a good price to work with from the get go. With some of the recalls on the D there still ordering them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
2004 D with 22,000 Miles

I took delivery of my Hemi D in September 2004. I have put on 22,000 miles since and must say this D performs superbly. It goes into the dealership every 6000 miles for oil change and tire rotation (I purchased maintenance which covers until 45,000 miles). The Hemi definitely Rocks, I spend most of my time on the highway, and anything slower than 80 MPH it feels like I am crawling. It has lots of reserve power for passing(Even at 80 MPH) and has pretty good stopping distance as well. I do have 2 annoyances which the Dealership is working on: On windy days when I am on a highway, the crosswind seeps into the crack between the driver side door and frame. The dealer is replacing the rubber molding to see if that fixes it. The second annoyance is the advanced air bag system on the passenger side seat. It has sensors that weighs the passenger, and depending on the weight of the person, it deploys the air bag accordingly. Very cool technology but, if I put my briefcase or laptop on the passenger seat, the sensor lights up saying that it can't protect the occupant because it is too light. It takes 2 days for the sensor to reset even after a human passenger sits there. Like I said, it is an annoyance not a defect. Maybe Dodge should incorporate a switch you can depress for instances like this.

FYI: MY D is fully loaded: 4X4 Hemi, 5 Speed auto, Limited edition, dual power seats, electric pedal adjust, His/Her seat/creature comfort buttons, 384 Watt 6 CD changer Infinity stereo 9 speaker system, DVD console with 2 wireless headsets, Satellite radio (Rocks), 3 rows of gray baby leather seats, moon roof, auto dim adjust, and so on. Only option I did not get was navigation. It is cheaper ($600) to buy aftermarket.

Pricetag: $40,600. I consider this a bargain when you compare with other luxury SUVs. A lincoln Navigator which has similiar features will set you back $60,000. Same for a BMW X5. And neither have a Hemi with 16 spark plugs and 335 HP to deliver high performance. And if you want more HP, then you will need to look at the SRT10 with the Viper engine (500 HP with a Hurst shifter). But who wants to spend $50,000 for a pickup truck?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
lounnj said:
I took delivery of my Hemi D in September 2004. I have put on 22,000 miles since and must say this D performs superbly. It goes into the dealership every 6000 miles for oil change and tire rotation (I purchased maintenance which covers until 45,000 miles). The Hemi definitely Rocks, I spend most of my time on the highway, and anything slower than 80 MPH it feels like I am crawling. It has lots of reserve power for passing(Even at 80 MPH) and has pretty good stopping distance as well. I do have 2 annoyances which the Dealership is working on: On windy days when I am on a highway, the crosswind seeps into the crack between the driver side door and frame. The dealer is replacing the rubber molding to see if that fixes it. The second annoyance is the advanced air bag system on the passenger side seat. It has sensors that weighs the passenger, and depending on the weight of the person, it deploys the air bag accordingly. Very cool technology but, if I put my briefcase or laptop on the passenger seat, the sensor lights up saying that it can't protect the occupant because it is too light. It takes 2 days for the sensor to reset even after a human passenger sits there. Like I said, it is an annoyance not a defect. Maybe Dodge should incorporate a switch you can depress for instances like this.

FYI: MY D is fully loaded: 4X4 Hemi, 5 Speed auto, Limited edition, dual power seats, electric pedal adjust, His/Her seat/creature comfort buttons, 384 Watt 6 CD changer Infinity stereo 9 speaker system, DVD console with 2 wireless headsets, Satellite radio (Rocks), 3 rows of gray baby leather seats, moon roof, auto dim adjust, and so on. Only option I did not get was navigation. It is cheaper ($600) to buy aftermarket.

Pricetag: $40,600. I consider this a bargain when you compare with other luxury SUVs. A lincoln Navigator which has similiar features will set you back $60,000. Same for a BMW X5. And neither have a Hemi with 16 spark plugs and 335 HP to deliver high performance. And if you want more HP, then you will need to look at the SRT10 with the Viper engine (500 HP with a Hurst shifter). But who wants to spend $50,000 for a pickup truck?
around here they were selling them srt10 rams for much cheaper than that. pretty close to what you paid for your rango....cause they dont sell that well, and with gas the way it is......you can see why they are selling for so little.

·
Up then Down then Up then
3,188 Posts
You do realize that was posted back in 05 right? And the original post was made in 2004 lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts