Dakota Durango Forum banner
341 - 360 of 363 Posts
Shit, i may just build the fuck out of the motor itself then. I have my work place to do absolutley anything i want to. And ya, all the new shit has about 400 horse now. So i agree with you
You can build a nice 360 motor n/a with a sct like my buddy did. I would rebuild the trans too and a big cooler. His is starting to go. his trans is stock besides a new tc,shift kit and trans cooler. A remote turbo would be bad ass too. http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Article/74004/bolton_horsepower_choosing_an_induction_system.aspx

Yea, lucky for me my rt was owned by older people so it hasnt been beat on. I stuck a bigger trans cooler out front. I have a shift kit waiting to go in. Winter time projects
Mine was beat on hard the whole rear end had to be rebuilt under factory warranty by the previous owner and the rear wheel wells had quite a bit of burnt rubber and bald tires :jester:

Lol nice! Ill be making a trip to ny mon-wens for monster trucks. We'll see how it does with thaf. If its god, which im sure it will be, im in the clear to hammer on it haha
Its probably a little bit tired but still runs good, pretty damn hard to blow up a n/a 360, i always change the oil on time. They plan to go to a dragstrip in MI maybe i should run it since literally every stock r/t runs different times. I seen slips of a rc r/t running a 16.1 and one running a 14.7.

Discussion starter · #346 ·
Lol if you only could see what these people do to thr n/a motors. Broken shit all the time. Ill have to grab a book on these motors and do what that says. Thinking about making my own intake manifold

Its probably a little bit tired but still runs good, pretty damn hard to blow up a n/a 360, i always change the oil on time. They plan to go to a dragstrip in MI maybe i should run it since literally every stock r/t runs different times. I seen slips of a rc r/t running a 16.1 and one running a 14.7.
Yeah drivers do make alot of difference :D

Discussion starter · #351 ·
Well after all this....

Its gonna be parked for a while. That mysterious noise that sounded like a shitty lifter got louder this week. Turned out to be a fucking rod. I have other stuff i have to pay off before i even think about a rebuild. Limping it to work tomorrow and then its done for the year. God damn it.

Most recent pic of it also.

damn that blows man well when you do fix it you can bring it back bigger and badder then ever!

damn thats some bad news. but truck is looking real good.

well after all this....

Its gonna be parked for a while. That mysterious noise that sounded like a shitty lifter got louder this week. turned out to be a fucking rod. I have other stuff i have to pay off before i even think about a rebuild. Limping it to work tomorrow and then its done for the year. God damn it.
weak.

Discussion starter · #357 · (Edited)
okay, so i did some trading of shit and i got myself a long block that im going to start machining at work. im going to continue in this thread with what i do to it.

already had parts laying around for a few years...

planning on 10:1 for compression. i want to keep it on pump gas.

i mag'd the heads. going to port and polish them. nice 3 angle valve job. cleaned up the 45* on the valves. after the valve job ill back cut and swirl them. ill resurface and then cc the chambers.

the long block i got was a factory rebuild with 0 miles on it. spun a rod bearing from what i was told. but all the valve train parts look brand new. im bringing it to work tomorrow and ill start tearing it down on my lunch break.

Good to hear!! Keep this updated. sounds like a solid build up

341 - 360 of 363 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.