Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys Ive been wanting to come down to TN to drive the dragons tail for the last few years and just havent had the time to do it. Well this year I am going to make the time to.

Is anyone interested in making this a Dakot/Durango get together? I would like to make this some what early in the summer so we done have to deal with bikes etc. Is there anyone that is familier with the area that could chime in and give a hand/head this up? Im located way up in Michigan and have some family in Madisonville area that my gandma wants to visit. So while she is visiting family I figured I would take a spin on the dragons tail. Who's in?

·
Rock Crawler
483 Posts
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy...what's wrong with bikes down there??? It's the RV's and crazy semi drivers that wander onto 129 that make it suck sometimes...ok, some of the Harley and touring guys slow things down too.:jester:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've been wanting to go myself, along with my girlfriend. I am only about 150 miles from there, but I have never done it. Heck, I hadn't even heard about it until a couple years ago. I didn't even know we had that kind of a stretch of road that close to me haha. I might be in depending on the date. I would bring the Challenger though.

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
I'm very interested, May through August works best for me.

·
MADR/T Member
743 Posts
It depends on when for me... I've got finals first week or so in may and then a week and a half before summer semester starts.

·
MADR/T Member
743 Posts
it really depends on the weekend... if indeed it is a weekend.

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah with my work schedule it would be on a weekend just havent picked one yet. lol Just trying to get a feeler out there for now

·
Registered
459 Posts
I go down there a couple times a year, usually in my Rx-7 Turbo. As far as bikes, any week-end from late March to fall, there are going to be lots of bikes down there. 99.9 times out of 100 they are not a problem. The bikers usually say the same about the 4 wheelers(cars,trucks).
As stated before, the biggest problem is the idiot truck driver or the joker pulling a boat or RV who can't read the big signs on each end basically telling them not to enter due to excessively sharp curves.
A description will not do it justice. You've got to experience it just once in your life. Go for it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'll let "the cat out of the bag" what I've been thinking about. I've been thinking how neat it would be to have Dakotas on the Dragon III at the same time as OTHER Mopars are on the Dragon. The SRT-4 Neons and the Viper Club of America have been on separate weekends. This year Mopar Nation.. www.mopar-nation.com .. has a Dragon meet scheduled for June 12. Part of the great fun of the Dragon is the photography and being a spectator! Let's move this over to the DOTD III thread to keep this going. Thanks! :wave:

·
SRT-8 Dakota
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like a plan and thats a perfect date. oh wait mybe not lol i think my sister is getting married that weekend. Ill have to check and see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts