Dakota Durango Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shipped out Monday got here Wednesday and I finally opened it up tonight when I got home. I was going to wait until tomorrow but I got to excited. Sorry for the bad night pics but I took some pics of it inside. It's legit, nice piece if you ask me. I know a lot of people dislike it but it's the real deal, not a knock off. The packaging was good too.
Links to larger pics:

http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/Dakota Hood/?action=view&current=DSC09319.jpg
http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/Dakota Hood/?action=view&current=DSC09322.jpg
http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/Dakota Hood/?action=view&current=DSC09321.jpg
http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/Dakota Hood/?action=view&current=DSC09319.jpg
http://s832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/Dakota Hood/?action=view&current=DSC09314.jpg

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Cool, I'm pretty much posting to put a pic of my truck on this page to imagine what it would look like.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
looks good. the only thing i dont like about it is the ram-air styling...i like shaker hoods and srt style hoods myself...still looks damn good though. are you gonna paint it or leave it as is for a while?

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks good. the only thing i dont like about it is the ram-air styling...i like shaker hoods and srt style hoods myself...still looks damn good though. are you gonna paint it or leave it as is for a while?
I'm going to paint it but it's not on the truck. Sitting on the pool table, I have a few things I want to get painted so I'll wait until the summer time to get it painted it and put it on.

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I love beer pong.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Looks good man, i am really thinking about getting one. How much does it weigh?

what are the slits for if the back of the hood is solid? I thought this hood hare the heat extractors on the rear like the steel cowl hood and the SRT10 :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good man, i am really thinking about getting one. How much does it weigh?

what are the slits for if the back of the hood is solid? I thought this hood hare the heat extractors on the rear like the steel cowl hood and the SRT10 :huh:
Tare weight of 29 pounds. I think they have those so you can cut them out, like to clear a filter maybe?

It looks better than I thought it would, I didn't have high hopes but the quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Be damn careful when you clean the hood though. If it has straight resin (in place of clearcoat) than it will tend to oxidize easily. Looks like a nice hood though!

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Looks good. Glad to hear the quality is good from a customer. I hope Russ ends up making a CF cowl/reflexxions copy.

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Looks good. Glad to hear the quality is good from a customer. I hope Russ ends up making a CF cowl/reflexxions copy.
Supposedly there wasnt enough interest in that style. Although well over 10 have said thats what they wanted. I agree though looks like a good fit.

How rigid is the hood ?

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
Yeah, having the back closed in and having a scoop up front is just absolutely ridiculous. Imagine how good a typical cowl induction hood would have sold, especially if it actually offered decent weight savings like you would expect a CF hood to. :mullet:

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Yeah, having the back closed in and having a scoop up front is just absolutely ridiculous. Imagine how good a typical cowl induction hood would have sold, especially if it actually offered decent weight savings like you would expect a CF hood to. :mullet:
Yea the back being closed is the only design flaw I see. I wonder if drilling 1/4'' holes (maybe smaller) in the back to mimic how the Reflexxions hood is done would work? That is if those that have/get this hood would want to do that. I honestly have only seen one CF hood in person.. I almost feel like the end result wouldnt be a perfect hole and it could possibly chew it up more than anything. :huh:

Yea, he may see all the extra talk outside of his threads about people wanting a cowl hood too and might actually make them. Only time will tell. I think he's actually been talking to someone about using their cowl hood to get something going, but I cant say for sure. An exact copy of Reflexxions hood would be perfect, maybe a 1/2'' taller or something if theres a problem with completely taking their design. The width of the cowl is perfect though and of course being open in the back how it is.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.