Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· i gots me a duuuhrango!!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done anything with it, paint it, stick a bulb in it, kicked it out cuz it was worthless, anything...I'm looking at doing something with it, I just don't know what yet...I was leaning towards running a couple wires up from the turns or parking lights, and shoving a bulb in there...any ideas?

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
crylon41 said:
Just wondering if anyone has done anything with it, paint it, stick a bulb in it, kicked it out cuz it was worthless, anything...I'm looking at doing something with it, I just don't know what yet...I was leaning towards running a couple wires up from the turns or parking lights, and shoving a bulb in there...any ideas?
In my '01 R/T I spliced in an extra parking light 194 socket that came with my clear corners. It was a pain in the ass because the way the corner lens mounts to the body of the truck doesn't give much room at all for a socket to mount to the back of the lens, I had to use a dremel tool and do some moderate modification to the socket and lens. I may do this again in my '03 R/T but I will likely grind away some material off the inside fender panel to accomodate a socket instead.

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
In my '01 R/T I spliced in an extra parking light 194 socket that came with my clear corners. It was a pain in the ass because the way the corner lens mounts to the body of the truck doesn't give much room at all for a socket to mount to the back of the lens, I had to use a dremel tool and do some moderate modification to the socket and lens. I may do this again in my '03 R/T but I will likely grind away some material off the inside fender panel to accomodate a socket instead.
You dont happen to have any pics of that do ya ?

~CYCLONE_06

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any pix of the backside but if you look close in one of these photos you can see the bulb behind the lens, I really had to cram it off to the outside corner to clear the bracket.

Attachments

· Registered
1,673 Posts
I bought my clear corners used, and there was already sockets and bulbs in them. The wires were cut, and I never hooked them up, though. Behind the lense, I have two harnesses (factory) with sockets and blown bulbs in them that were supposed to go into the triangle. The sockets on the harness do not match the holes in the back of the triangle, so I never installed them. Some light dremel work and a couple new bulbs and they'd be working.

You don't have factory lights there?

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
you got a part or model or certain type on those xenon's? looks good, ive been tryin to find a set of blue tinted lights w/ 80/100w, but no luck for under $40.
I bought them off E-Bay 3 years ago, don't have a clue which brand or seller they were. I stopped using Xenon bulbs about 18 months ago because I kept popping the fog light bulbs and then my fog light lenses cracked badly, I ended up switching to Hella sealed fog light lenses in my silver truck. One of these days I would like to switch to HID's in the black truck but the budget just isn't there yet.

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
I bought them off E-Bay 3 years ago, don't have a clue which brand or seller they were. I stopped using Xenon bulbs about 18 months ago because I kept popping the fog light bulbs and then my fog light lenses cracked badly, I ended up switching to Hella sealed fog light lenses in my silver truck. One of these days I would like to switch to HID's in the black truck but the budget just isn't there yet.
Im a bit behind on the times. Did you ever sell the silver truck ?

~CYCLONE_06

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
CYCLONE_06 said:
Im a bit behind on the times. Did you ever sell the silver truck ?

~CYCLONE_06
We ended up trading it in on an '05 Hyundai Sonata a few months ago.

I haven't seen it pop up on the internet yet, but that doesn't surprise me... There is a ton of R/T's out here but very few of them chat on the forum, it's disappointing to talk to so many people but not see them login.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
I have thought about puting a light in them, but have just been to lazy.

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
We ended up trading it in on an '05 Hyundai Sonata a few months ago.

I haven't seen it pop up on the internet yet, but that doesn't surprise me... There is a ton of R/T's out here but very few of them chat on the forum, it's disappointing to talk to so many people but not see them login.
Yea I know what you mean. I have talked to a few R/T owners around here, ones that I happen to be following or something, and just stop them and chit chat with. I give them some websites and forums to visit, and even my phone number if they ever wanna meet up and go cruisin, or have a small meet somewhere, but none of them ever give me a call. Oh well, I try. I cant help it if nobody wants to chill and keep the R/T tradition alive. The worst part is out here where I live, people dont know much about R/T's and not many of them are out here. I think in the 15 years ive been here, Ive only maybe seen 4 or 5 regulars that are around here, including my truck, which I have had 2 years now.

~CYCLONE_06

· Registered
358 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
you got a part or model or certain type on those xenon's? looks good, ive been tryin to find a set of blue tinted lights w/ 80/100w, but no luck for under $40.

Get some matrix Fusion bulbs from Stylin' Concepts, they are very blue, and work great :)

I did, got em from work just because they were on sale and one of my Silverstars burned out...

· Registered
1,673 Posts
I just realised I was mistaken about mine. Mine are empty as well. I drilled a hole into the back of each one and am installing strobes that will be tapped into my alarm. At least then they will have a purpose!

· Registered
41 Posts
BlackDak said:
I just realised I was mistaken about mine. Mine are empty as well. I drilled a hole into the back of each one and am installing strobes that will be tapped into my alarm. At least then they will have a purpose!

:eek: wow thats a really sweet idea! once mine are...ermm...un-damaged im gonna do that too! :clap2: :mullet: :banana2:

· Registered
1,673 Posts
It's funny this thread comes back today. I installed the strobes in th triangles yesterday. They look freakin' wicked when the alarm is going off. I just tapped them right into my alarm siren wires, so they flash when the alarm is tripped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.