Dakota Durango Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
7,509 Posts

·
I'm on a mission from God
19,832 Posts
i have a phone question right now problem is some may have to search threw 7 pages to answer it.

that being said...
my gf has the moto droid i have the incredible. she has got the 2.2 update and now all day long the phone will automatically run random apps. i told her mine dose it to but she showed me that if she kills the apps within about 20 or 30 mins. they she has to kill them again and she never even touched the phone. whats up any other mot droids or any droids for that matter having this problem?

·
Dakota GOD!!!
4,156 Posts
i have a phone question right now problem is some may have to search threw 7 pages to answer it.

that being said...
my gf has the moto droid i have the incredible. she has got the 2.2 update and now all day long the phone will automatically run random apps. i told her mine dose it to but she showed me that if she kills the apps within about 20 or 30 mins. they she has to kill them again and she never even touched the phone. whats up any other mot droids or any droids for that matter having this problem?
I noticed that too. For some reason they just open. I always use Advance Task Killer to close all of them.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

that being said...
It's an Android thing. The only way to stop it, is to root the phone and put a custom version of the OS without all of the bloatware that Verizon puts in.

Also, from what I've been reading, the advanced task killer is worse for the phone than it helps. The 2.2 update is supposed to handle tasks a lot better than previous updates. I dunno but I still have my ATK.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
For Android and I think Crackberry users, check out SWYPE! It rocks for fast texting!!!

http://beta.swype.com/

If you know where to look on the internet, you can find yourself a copy too instead of waiting for it to come out of Beta! I heard about Swype and luckily got a beta seat before it closed.

I will never (hopefully) go back to normal texting again! lol

·
I'm on a mission from God
19,832 Posts
yea i know some open every now and then but since she updated they open all day long. i have not gotten the 2.2 update yet. by the way why the hell not? wheres my update?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yea i know some open every now and then but since she updated they open all day long. i have not gotten the 2.2 update yet. by the way why the hell not? wheres my update?
They are rolling it out in phases. It ticked me off because my wife got the 2.2 update like a week ahead of me. We both have the Moto Droid and we bought them on the same day.

They did replace hers after a couple of weeks with a brand new phone because she was having weird issues with it but I guess they felt she needed it faster than me.

I come out of the shower and she was like the phone said to update now or later and she just pushed OK without knowing what it was. I was glad it was the OS update and not a virus...lol.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts