Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little help guys & gals,
for all of you with shaved tailgate handles, did you do a custom build or a kit from Sir Michaels or Street Scene?
Thanks
:biggthump

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Got the Street Scene kit and had a buddy do the work .. then the shop had to fix his work since he welded to fast... whoever you have do it make sure they take there time with the welding ... it they go to fast it will warp the tailgate...

·
I'm Retired!
483 Posts
I got the street scene kit, and it kinda fit on the relocator handle, but I hear the sir michaels is the one to go with. As Far as welding the metal in place...lets just put it this way, depending on who you have do it is gonna depend on how nice it turns out and how long it stays nice. You get what you pay for. I paid some guy an obscene amount of money ($800) to do this for me, but he does nothing but custom work and he did an absolutely awesome job. Its been on for almost two years now and looks just as good as the day I picked it up. If a shitty welding job is done it'll look great for about 6 months and then after that it'll turn to shit. So have the right person do it, don't just take it anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.