Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
I tell myself I'm done spending money on it, but this is something I've always wanted.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
it sounds kind of dumb, but i cut my shifter rod thingy lol....took off a few inches and well...messed it up

but in the long run worked out perfect because i got a hurts shifter handle and put it on and made up the difference that was cut off....:jester:

·
Registered
122 Posts
it sounds kind of dumb, but i cut my shifter rod thingy lol....took off a few inches and well...messed it up

but in the long run worked out perfect because i got a hurts shifter handle and put it on and made up the difference that was cut off....:jester:

I cut the shifter in my 03 dodge ram 5-speed. Cut 3" out of the middle of it and welded it back up. The cut and weld was under the boot so you couldn't see it and I used my stock shift knob.

·
No Boost? Why Drive?
1,766 Posts
Had a Hurst, didn't like it. Shorter throw=more shift effort, and it was noisy, just my $0.02..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I cut the shifter in my 03 dodge ram 5-speed. Cut 3" out of the middle of it and welded it back up. The cut and weld was under the boot so you couldn't see it and I used my stock shift knob.
cutting it about the pivot ball does nothing...now if you cut below the pivot ball,add some material this moving the pivot ball up,you get a shorter throw.

A few guys in the j-body scene have done this because short shifters for cavaliers and sunflowers are no longer made.

Get creative man.:mullet:

·
Registered
122 Posts
cutting it about the pivot ball does nothing...now if you cut below the pivot ball,add some material this moving the pivot ball up,you get a shorter throw.

A few guys in the j-body scene have done this because short shifters for cavaliers and sunflowers are no longer made.

Get creative man.:mullet:

Guess I should have specified. The reason I did it in that truck was the shifter was tall and goofy looking and also uncomfortable for my seating position. Making it shorter made it easier to shift for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.