Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately the heat has been acting weird in my truck.. Check fluids and everything and noticed my coolant was low.. Okay well I top it off and all is grand. Later things start acting up and I'm just thinking what the heck, thermostat? Can't be, it's not even a year since I put this one in. Checked the oil and trans fluid dip sticks. Trans is fine and red and the oil is actually a little high and runny... Alright this doesn't look good. Go to the oil cap on the side and take it off.. What do ya know!! It's all bubbly and green! So that's great, coolant is leaking into my motor, but just never thought about it right away because there's never been any smoke or smell. At first I thought it was the heater core going bad or something freezing, but now I know since my coolant keeps drying out and it's not dripping anywhere. Gotta love it! :rant::rant:

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
damn dude, that sucks! but you know what this means... V8 swap!! unless your lucky enough its just a gasket or somethin dumb like that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I've got good bad news I guess. Engine is still strong and runs great! We brought it to my buddies shop and it might only be the water pump.. It started leaking bad today, but nothings damaged yet so it's sitting on the lift. We will find out tomorrow once he digs into it if it's only the water pump or even possibly a head gasket as well. I would like to drop and 8 in it though Haha.

·
3,230 Posts
it might only be the water pump..
i dont see how a bad water pump could leak coolant into your oil, tho. good luck if it is something simple, tho. and i still vote V8 swap anyway :mullet:

·
3,230 Posts
WTF? Coolant in the crankcase and it was the pump?

If I were you I'd keep checking the coolant level and oil...
definitely. ive never heard of a water pump spillin coolant into the engine. keep an eye on those fluids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts