Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the stock tape player unit in my '94 Dakota. I have seen several original equipment CD players for sale on EBAY. Has anyone done this swap? Is it as easy as it sounds? Are any wiring modifictaions necessary? Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
bamadakota said:
I currently have the stock tape player unit in my '94 Dakota. I have seen several original equipment CD players for sale on EBAY. Has anyone done this swap? Is it as easy as it sounds? Are any wiring modifictaions necessary? Thanks.
If the pigtails match (and I think they should) and you are not trying to mix Infinity/non Infinity equipment, I think it will work. Double check the depth to make sure the new unit isn't too deep. This page will help a lot: http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/DCP/Dakota.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with drsnoze. Unless you are going for a factory look, you can pick up an aftermarket with all the necessary easy plug-in connectors for about the same price or possibly cheaper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer my own question, I went ahead and bought a OEM Cd palyer on EBAY. It is a simple bolt in installation. All the plugs, mounts, everything. For those who recommended an aftermarket radio, I couldn't find one that would fit with both CD AND TAPE PLAYER. This one looks great and I am more than satisfied with the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts