Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 know someone who has swaped out the 3.9 for something else and if the have what was it and how hard or easy it was

S

·
0 Posts
id liek to swap my 2.5 for a 3.9 so if u do it, let me know how hard it was and what the cost was, cause i need to, or if u have low miles on ur 3.9, id be willing to buy it and the computer

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am swaping my 3.9 out with 5.9 once it go's. I was told by a mechanic its the same motor with just 2 cylinders hacked off. It will bolt right and the transmisson will work with it he recommended a trans go shift kit. You'll need a v8 computer and 2 more injector wires since the v6's only have 6. Hope that helped. :banana2:

P

·
0 Posts
3.9 swap

Just finished swapping a 4.7 for the wimpy 3.9 WOW!!!
Mine is a 2000 3.9 QC Sport 4X4 donor was a 2000 4.7 SLT. Pulled the engine, trans and wireharnesses out of donor in a day. You will need both front harnesses and control boxes, heaters hoses, AC lines, throttle, cruise and shift cables. Everything bolts right up and the transmission crossmember can be resused, just turn it around. Gain 60 HP, MUCH better fuel milage and a totally different truck. :mullet:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
parrisk, care to share even more details ie prices and pictures and things you did and difficulty level?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts