Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 99 dakota for parts for my 99 durango .Can anyone tell me if the parts would be interchangeable . I was also wandering on the rear end, and if it has the six in it can I swap any of those parts in my 5.2 .Any imput would be appreciated

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I was interested in the rad actually,I was hoping for the waterpump and fan. Are they mainly the same from the cab up?Are there threads on here on this topic .Thanks

18,185 Posts
The rad and fan are different IIRC

All the accessories are the same.... not sure about the water pump.

All the interior panels will obviously be different.... except the dash

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The rad and fan are different IIRC

All the accessories are the same.... not sure about the water pump.

All the interior panels will obviously be different.... except the dash
The radiator and fans are the same for the samer years. up to 99 had the seperat washer and fan shroud. Durango and Dak both went to the integral shroud/washer tank.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
To the OP, it would really help if you listed all the parts you are looking to use. Also you did not say if either is 4x4 or 4x2. That changes the whole front suspension.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just found out it is six .I was hoping it was a 5.2 .Durango is a 4x4 and the Dakota is rwd Just wanted to know basically what I could or could not use if it was worth my while or not there selling it for 500.

18,185 Posts
It's worth it.... you may not get all the parts you want out of it but if you part it out you can probably sell off a lot of it online and locally. The rest you can take for scrap and you'll more than likely make a few bucks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts