Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is something very wrong in this day and age when you can't find a suspesion lift for one of the hottest trucks on the road. Something needs to be done, we need to get our point across to these companies. I've sent
E-mails but they don't care about one person, I suggest everyone having the some problem as me e-mail these companies and express your feelings toward them, or if someone out there has found a suspension lift for an
03-04 Dakota let people know, I can't imagine I'm the only person who want's more then just a 3" body lift.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
ahdawg said:
There is something very wrong in this day and age when you can't find a suspesion lift for one of the hottest trucks on the road.
That's the exact reason why they don't have a few suspension lifts for our trucks; they're not the one of the hottest out there. Ask any major suspension lift company, and they'll tell you there's not a market for the Dakotas as there is with the fullsize. Plus there's a reason why there arn't many out there. The odd design of the OEM suspension of our trucks makes it difficult to design something easily, and worthy of mass producing. I was in your shoes once, and researched this before. There's no chance there will ever be any more suspension lifts for our trucks.....that I'm sure of.

tenacious0311 said:
go to aim industries. they offer the best susp. lift i have seen yet for a dakota.
Like I said before, AIM sucks. Anyone who buys their suspension crap for a 4wd is a fool.

·
Stupid-stamped for life
692 Posts
oh yeah, allow me to clarify the " best susp. for a dak yet" statement. what i mean is most comprehensive, as they offer upper\lower c-arms, and articulating tie rods. i have yet to see how they actually perform on\off road. so..........i'll let you know as soon as i break it\ break it in.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
I'm sure the 2wd lifts are fine, but the ones I wouldn't ever consider are the 4wd ones. I also replied to one of your questions in another thread. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry tenacious I should have specified lifting a 4wd truck. I didn't reallize what you had done till I went back to Fabtech's website ( seeing that you had a Fabtech kit ) and found one for a 2wd. Sorry for wasting your time with all the PM's, I just figured by lifting a truck it would be 4wd. I can understand buying 2wd if 4wd is not needed, but why lift it, why look like a 4x4 if it can't preform like one. As far as AIM Industries, I will have to agree with YellowKota, their product suxs, and from what I've seen and heard, not only does the kit for the Dakota's sux, all that compianies products sux. I just wish there was something more I could do then a PA body lift, without sending the money to do a SAS. OOOO Well what can I do, I can email these companies all I want but I'm only one voice, no other 03-04 owners seem interasted. Think of this, if a company made a kit that didn't screw up the truck like the other companies kit people would buy it, therefore that company would have a Monopoly. People would be paying them for a better product, isn't that what business is all about, make a better product then the competition so people buy from you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts