Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a local guy selling a max micro tuner for my truck. good price but i want to be sure its not vin locked. any way to tell if it is. i plan on taking my truck to buy it so i was gonna try it out first, just curious if it will tell meif its locked or not. i was gonna try and load the tune before i buy. any info?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i found a local guy selling a max micro tuner for my truck. good price but i want to be sure its not vin locked. any way to tell if it is. i plan on taking my truck to buy it so i was gonna try it out first, just curious if it will tell meif its locked or not. i was gonna try and load the tune before i buy. any info?
PLug it into your truck if it works, it's not VIN locked.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I plug it in and it is locked, it will do nothing? If I try and load a tune will it tell me its locked? Just trying to be sure

·
spends too much money
952 Posts
So if I plug it in and it is locked, it will do nothing? If I try and load a tune will it tell me its locked? Just trying to be sure
If you plug it into your truck it will say "Tune vehicle, or Diagnose codes" regardless of if it is vin locked. Once you select tune vehicle, then it will tell you the tuner is vin locked. Try it out, install all the steps with it before you buy it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it will be pretty obvious if its locked down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts