Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this board. Hi. I just installed the tuner the other night and although not dynoed yet I am very happy both with performance (big time low end torque and economy mode (21.7mpg) I haven't used the towing mode. Has anyone else tried one yet.undefined
Just Plain Sam

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
justplainsam said:
I'm new to this board. Hi. I just installed the tuner the other night and although not dynoed yet I am very happy both with performance (big time low end torque and economy mode (21.7mpg) I haven't used the towing mode. Has anyone else tried one yet.undefined
Just Plain Sam
Mine should be in the mail this saturday.... I can't wait for it... it's tickin me off.

I hope I'm as happy with it as you seem to be... if so... I won't have to sell it to someone.

Paul

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
if you want to sell it, I'll take it! I am sure that you will hate it!

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
GOON'S D said:
if you want to sell it, I'll take it! I am sure that you will hate it!
GOON..... you're cool so far... but don't make me hate you for putting psychological nonsense in my head....lol

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
which chip?

:help: I have a 2004 Dakota 4x4 quad cab, 4.7L. I am installing an Airaid TB spacer and Airaid induction kit that should be here early next week. I also plan on installing a higher flow performance exhaust. I am looking for better fuel economy and better towing. In the summer I tow a 19 foot boat often, and more frequently I tow a smaller trailer with either a four wheeler or my 1000 lb zero turn mower. This fall I plan on going out west to hunt, and will be hauling the 4 wheeler and a bed full of stuff. Gas mileage last time out KILLED me. Of course, last time I towed a bigger trailer, and was in a Ram1500 4x4 quad cab, same motor.....Any thoughts on the right chip to use? Manufacturer? Any help is greatly appreciated! :help:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm waiting for a programmer to come out for my truck also. As of right now there is nothing available for the 2004 model year.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
dottrz said:
:help: I have a 2004 Dakota 4x4 quad cab, 4.7L. I am installing an Airaid TB spacer and Airaid induction kit that should be here early next week. I also plan on installing a higher flow performance exhaust. I am looking for better fuel economy and better towing. In the summer I tow a 19 foot boat often, and more frequently I tow a smaller trailer with either a four wheeler or my 1000 lb zero turn mower. This fall I plan on going out west to hunt, and will be hauling the 4 wheeler and a bed full of stuff. Gas mileage last time out KILLED me. Of course, last time I towed a bigger trailer, and was in a Ram1500 4x4 quad cab, same motor.....Any thoughts on the right chip to use? Manufacturer? Any help is greatly appreciated! :help:
As far as a chip for your 2004... there aren't any applications as of yet. I doubt it will be anytime soon because as far as I know... DC hasn't released any of the info reguarding timing or anything like that for the new computers which are in your 2004's. As far as towing... your best bet would be a tranny mod... something to keep you in the gear longer.. your towing ability will be much better than your ram that you speak of... because you weigh 2 thousand lbs less..... you do the math.

lstabe said:
I'm waiting for a programmer to come out for my truck also. As of right now there is nothing available for the 2004 model year.
BINGO! Have fun waiting for that... I don't see DC releasing that info any time soon.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts