Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question?

I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota QC 2wd 4.7L
I am looking at getting a Superchips programmer and I know there are three models for my truck.
3715, 3815, and 3865
What is the difference between the three other than the 3865 being the newest and most expensive?? Are they tuning options that dramatically different to justify spending a heck of a lot more money??

Since my truck is already 6 years old, I don't see why Superchips would make any new changes to the tuning specs.

Thanks

·
THE 2 TONE FLAMED BULLET
5,236 Posts
the tunning itself is the same...its the same 87 octane, tow, & performance settings. all the flashpaq & cortex models are internet updateable and the cortex model comes with a 2 year powertrain warranty. the cortex and latest flashpaq are more sleek compacked units and they offer some slight fine tuning over previous tuners...but in general i do not find that they are worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright I know the 3715 is the "old timer" would be worth just getting that one or the 3815 which is internet updateable?? cuz the 3865 is just too expensive!!

·
THE 2 TONE FLAMED BULLET
5,236 Posts
alright I know the 3715 is the "old timer" would be worth just getting that one or the 3815 which is internet updateable?? cuz the 3865 is just too expensive!!
personally id go with atleast the 3815 because it is internet updateable and it will also track things such as quarter mile time etc...unless you dont care about any of those features. the 3715 is just the origional max micro tuner which they dont make any more. the 3815 is the older version of the flashpaq which they dont make anymore but is basically just a larger, slightly less fancy version of the new flashpaq. what is your goal with the truck...is it just a truck to you and you are looking for a little extra power and some extra MPGs? if so id just get the 3715

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll prob go with the 3815 cuz I am planning on putting some parts on it. Just installed a Gibson dual exhaust, next I plan on an intake soo the 3815 sounds like the best one to get! Maybe some more parts in the future when the money comes around! lol

I don't plan on making any extreme mods to the truck.

Thanks for the help! :)

·
Go Rangers!!
3,159 Posts
I just bought a 3815 off a member on here, and I updated it on the net and the update was a free "pack" it allows you to see all kinds of stuff and do a bunch of data logging, for example after the update you can see 0-40 0-60 0-70 0-80 0-100 times. You can see air intake temp, engine temp, fuel pressure, read your o2 sensors, do quarter mile times, and a bunch more shit.

There is no reason to get the 3865 for your truck, I have the exact same thing as you 2003 QC 4.7. Supposedly the 3865 has a bunch of new tranny tuning capabilities on it, what sux is we cant tune our trans, 4.7 trans is not able to be tuned until 2004.

That said I would def get the 3815, you can find them used for under $200. Well I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts